Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Are you in the NE US? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/are-you-in-the-ne-us-32663.html)

AAAA 12-16-2011 11:15 AM

Are you in the NE US?

Do you drive in a large city in the NE? For the past month or so I have been experiencing much loss of SIRIUS signal when driving in the main part of Albany, NY. I have not experienced anything like this when driving in the suburbs, countryside or smaller (Albany really isn't "large") cities. Did we loose a satellite in the NE and can only pick up one on the horizon? Is it a seasonal issue? Comments? Thanks.:confused:

Crestwood1001 12-16-2011 11:25 AM

It depends on a ton of factors, I live in rural pa and there's only a few areas that I lose it, but the more buildings, trees, clouds, rain or snow going on effects it. And its entirely possible the orbit of the satellites is different. But as Louis C.K. stated, its a white person problem lol only we would complain about our music from space being a bit slow. Haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

AAAA 12-16-2011 11:58 AM

Re: Are you in the NE US?

Well, I'm concerned because: 1) This is a relatively new reception issue for me, 2) In a couple of months SIRIUS is going to be asking me to start giving them some of my money!

67rally 12-16-2011 02:23 PM

I live in Boston and haven't had too many problems. I have dropped the signal 2 or 3 times with the Jeep in about 5 weeks. I almost never dropped it with the aftermarket setup I had in my last SUV though.

hammer1234 12-16-2011 02:27 PM

Also in the Boston area...seems to be a bit sensitive to overpasses but otherwise OK. Just wish there was less compression...don't know about others but the sound quality on the stations we listen to leaves something to be desired.

AAAA 12-16-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1234 (Post 535183)
Also in the Boston area...seems to be a bit sensitive to overpasses but otherwise OK. Just wish there was less compression...don't know about others but the sound quality on the stations we listen to leaves something to be desired.

How is in downtown Boston?

Crestwood1001 12-16-2011 04:19 PM

Some stations are better then others, I listen to Octane alot and the quality is great.

ColdCase 12-16-2011 04:34 PM

I drive a lot in the NE and only noticed a degradation this year when I was hauling a tree on the roof. Didn't notice it last year.

77Cherokee 12-16-2011 06:13 PM

I haven't experienced any major signal loss in or around Albany. Certain overhead wires will cause a momentary dropout. Happens to me in the same spot every time I go by. There is also one spot near my house where there are no overhead wires but the sat drops out there too. I believe it is signal interference. IMO if it isn't happening everywhere then it is probably something in the immediate area causing a signal block.

Crestwood1001 12-17-2011 12:43 AM

Thats pretty normal

wynnrs 12-17-2011 10:05 AM

Riding around Boston, I rarely have an interrupted SAT signal except under the Pru and under bridges on the Pike. About the same as when I use Pandora. And I smile when I see you guys out there.

Mmartin 12-17-2011 10:15 AM

I have driven all across ny and never had any issue with reception, that includes albany and nyc.