Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Finally (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/finally-32687.html)

nosmoke 12-16-2011 09:02 PM

Finally

I took the beast home tonight. After 6 months. Wow.

After a lot of work and confirmation of price protection from SRT directly, I was able to buy at price-protected invoice. I must admit, the GM at my dealership is a good guy. They KNEW they could have told me to f-off and just refund my deposit (and sell to someone else), but they held true to their word and came through without any grumbling.

More to come over the next few days. There is so much unbelieveable technology in this car. I will have trouble figuring it all out.

While my car was sitting outside today in front of the dealer before I picked it up, my salesman said no less than 5 people pulled over to look at it, including an on-duty cop!

Schleprock 12-16-2011 09:09 PM

Re: Finally

CONGRATS man!

I feel like so many of us are a "Band of Brothers" here who seem to have all gone through the ups and downs of the "battle" to get these home LOL

nosmoke 12-16-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 535363)
CONGRATS man!

I feel like so many of us are a "Band of Brothers" here who seem to have all gone through the ups and downs of the "battle" to get these home LOL

Thanks! You aren't kidding. Guys like you and others on here really kept me going.

The sales manager was so impressed with how much I knew about the car and the price protection (I told him to go to the exception screen, and he was like, how the heck do you know about that screen!)

Milous, I especially want to thank you for all of your information. I NEVER would have gone through with this purchase if it weren't for your inside scoops.

Scottina06 12-16-2011 10:11 PM

congrats!

12Jeep 12-16-2011 11:28 PM

Congrats....glad to see it worked out, not sure how you made it these last few days working through the price protection situation.

blackpepper 12-17-2011 03:03 AM

Congratulations to you! I saw one for the first time today with a +$16k adjusted market value price over msrp. Kudos to your dealership, they understand the value of a long term investment by honoring your protected price.

nosmoke 12-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Jeep (Post 535420)
Congrats....glad to see it worked out, not sure how you made it these last few days working through the price protection situation.

It wasn't easy. The only thing keeping me from going insane was the thought that I would be saving 60K if it didn't work out.

nosmoke 12-17-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 535462)
Congratulations to you! I saw one for the first time today with a +$16k adjusted market value price over msrp. Kudos to your dealership, they understand the value of a long term investment by honoring your protected price.

The GM and sales manager even indicated something along the lines that I was a local guy (I live 5 minutes away) and it was important to them that they keep their word and that I tell people about the experience. It was almost unreal!

nosmoke 12-17-2011 09:19 AM

Oh, and I forgot.....off the deilvery truck, the transcooler (is there a different cooler for power steering vs transmission fluid?) was leaking, and the steering pump was empty of fluids (because of the transcooler leak, I suppose). They replaced both parts. I'm not even sure that makes sense.

Scottina06 12-17-2011 10:47 AM

yep....makes perfect sense

transam 12-18-2011 09:28 AM

Congrats! Enjoy it.

barho 12-20-2011 10:07 AM

I was wondering why it wasn't there when I stopped by to look at it on Friday after getting a case of beer at B&B Beverages :(