Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Predator TCM Issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/predator-tcm-issues-32699.html)

Jahkneefive 12-17-2011 11:45 AM

Predator TCM Issues

Just curious if anyone has run into an issue loading a custom TCM tune. PCM loads fine, however the tool tells me the TCM file is invalid. When i go to the diag menu the TCM info doesn't even show up, only the PCM info. I know the LX guys had an issue with early build 05 vehicles, but I couldn't find anything on the WK side of the house. Im running the latest 9r13 crom and I know for a fact the tcm file is good. The fact that the diag menu doesn't even show a tcm tells me something may be awry with the Predator interfacing the tcm???

Predator: 9r13 Crom
PCM: 56044555AN
TCM: 56044556AK

Canned tunes seem to load fine

ChrisWk 12-17-2011 12:01 PM

Re: Predator TCM Issues

Who did your custom tcm? Did you update to the lastest DCx for your jeep, I got a 05 Hemi I had to update my tcm /pcm with the DS with the new DCX first It took about 20 minutes to update,Then my jeep ran like crap with the new DCX upload then disconected the neg battery all fine. I hope to get a custom tune soon, I have some warranty stuff to do first so once that is done I hope to get going.

FlyinRyan 12-17-2011 12:05 PM

The TCM tune is one of ours...

4.whoa 12-17-2011 12:47 PM

Make sure you selected the right stock backup when you put it in the predator.

white_lightning 12-17-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWk (Post 535560)
Who did your custom tcm?

me.

FlyinRyan 12-17-2011 03:11 PM

John you may have to call Diablo customer support. at this point im not sure what the issue is.

jlewissystem 12-17-2011 03:11 PM

Restore your vehicle back to factory, reload the predator with the custom tunes and you should be good. I found I had to restore, then load both custom PCM/TCM tunes and it would recognize it. Good luck :thumbsup:

white_lightning 12-17-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahkneefive (Post 535551)
Just curious if anyone has run into an issue loading a custom TCM tune. PCM loads fine, however the tool tells me the TCM file is invalid. When i go to the diag menu the TCM info doesn't even show up, only the PCM info. I know the LX guys had an issue with early build 05 vehicles, but I couldn't find anything on the WK side of the house. Im running the latest 9r13 crom and I know for a fact the tcm file is good. The fact that the diag menu doesn't even show a tcm tells me something may be awry with the Predator interfacing the tcm???

Predator: 9r13 Crom
PCM: 56044555AN
TCM: 56044556AK

Canned tunes seem to load fine

I've done all I know to get your tuner to "see" the TCM. bummer. was hoping 9r13 would fix the issue.

yes, Predator is not interfacing right with the TCM, since you can't read the TCM calid #.

it is time to make the dreaded Diablo Tech help call and spend some time on hold. calling close to 9am when they open usually helps. afternoon hold time is usually longer.

white_lightning 12-17-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewissystem (Post 535660)
Restore your vehicle back to factory, reload the predator with the custom tunes and you should be good. I found I had to restore, then load both custom PCM/TCM tunes and it would recognize it. Good luck :thumbsup:

in switching from Crom 9r12 to Crom 9r13, he had to tune back to stock.

unfortunately, back to stock didn't help this time, dammit.

Jahkneefive 12-19-2011 01:27 PM

Ryan/David - Thanks again for all the tech help thus far, you guys have been amazing. I'm gonna try to get ahold of Diablo today, sent them an email last week and never got a response. The LX guys seem to think I may need a new TCM. I have a early build 05 with the 'old' TCM style and several LX owners have had to actually buy a newer TCM to fix the problem(updating the tcm version didn't help).

Frank@JNLHydrographics 12-19-2011 02:49 PM

Hey bud, I work for Diablosport, Can you send me a copy of your TCM back up and custom tune (last tune written) and I will check it you.

Email: Frank@diablosport.com

Jahkneefive 12-20-2011 08:38 AM

Frank, tried to send you an email but it was returned for "relay denied".