Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   My Jeep after a week (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/my-jeep-after-a-week-32703.html)

rusty104 12-17-2011 01:06 PM

My Jeep after a week

I've had my Jeep for a week now, here are some thoughts.

The audio system is awesome. The bass is strong and undistorted. Neither the Mark Levinson in my Lexus nor the Bose in my previous Caddy could compare with it in that regard. As the sound quality obviously depends on the input, the best sound seems to be from a CD and songs recorded onto the hard drive. I connect Pandora from my android vis Bluetooth to the audio system and the sound is surprisingly good, more so than from sat. radio. So I use Pandora as my primary music source. Being able to play through the audio system like that is a great feature.

I am amazed how there is no wind noise even a 100 mph. They have done a great job with sound insulation.

As I haven't got 500 miles on it yet I can't report of 0-60 or 1/4 miles times. I can say though that the truck corners great.

The green, yellow and red guidelines on the nav system are helpful in backing up.

The seats are comfortable and have good lateral support. My wife likes the suede seats as they won't be hot in the summer or cold in the winter. I like the remote start. It will be nice in the winter to leave the office to a warm and defrosted vehicle.

I would have liked a larger screen for the nav, but I can live with it. The other thing I have noticed is that the brake dust is brutal. I don't know if this is because the truck is new and it will become less of an issue with age or not. It does however come off the wheels easily with a soft cloth.

The only problem I have with it is the sutomatic headlights don't onto high beams automatically and the light in the bottom of the rear view mirror blinks constantly. Member xj31 identified how to deal with the problem in another thread. I e-mailed that to my dealer who thought that I just didn't know how to operate the lights.

Scottina06 12-17-2011 01:54 PM

Re: My Jeep after a week

sounds great! Congrats...and Im jealous!

ENFORCER 12-17-2011 05:41 PM

I have the 6/4 Brembo's on my car (not Jeep) and they are VERY dusty.
You may also find yourself replacing the disk rotors with every pad change as this is what I have had to do twice. Seems the Brembo rotors are very soft. After replacing them with aftermarket pads and rotors, I have noticed the dust almost gone. The pads I replaced mine with are QFM and the disks are DBA4000.

transam 12-18-2011 09:31 AM

Congrats! You were one of the first built on here? It should be worth the waiting!

Armour All wheel protectant helps keep the brake dust down, but it's getting too cold outside to apply it. If you have access to a heated garage area for awhile, give it a try.