Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Please - Not Another Oil Thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/please-not-another-oil-thread-32730.html)

Swampy 12-18-2011 04:07 AM

Please - Not Another Oil Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Hello to all.

I have been considering what Oil to run in the JGC CRD.

The oils as per the attached Graph meet the required specs although with slight variation in viscosities.

I like the lower viscosity of the Nulon product at 40 Deg C that should offer better protection at startup due to increased flow.

At operating temp 100 Deg C there is up to 2 cSt difference between the lowest and the highest.

Comments anyone, or what oil have you used?

ENFORCER 12-19-2011 01:20 AM

Re: Please - Not Another Oil Thread

This is all I will get for mine as it is a good price and ozzie company. Been using it for over 20 years and it has never let me down. 99% of the synthetic oils would be only 1% difference in lubrication. There is never a need to spend a heap on a top shelf oil if you change it every 10,000km
Problem is finding the oil filter. I tried calling the parts guy at mosman and 3 times it rang out. Wanted to find out how much a few filters would be.

Swampy 12-19-2011 02:23 AM

Only problem there is that the Nulon "Full Synthetic 5W-30 EURO Engine Oil" doesn't meet spec of ACEA C3.

I had sent an email to Nulon previously with the specs and they recommended Nulon "Full Synthetic 5W-30 Diesel Formula Long Life". This is what I had included in the table above and does meet ACEA C3.

Not sure how important that is but maybe worth noting.

Thanks for the tip on filter availability. May need to bring in from offshore if hard to get in Australia.

zzkazu 12-19-2011 02:36 AM

Has the dealer(s) been brought into the 'tent'?

Swampy 12-19-2011 02:48 AM

Re Oil?

My dealer says they use Castrol Edge.

zzkazu 12-19-2011 04:00 AM

Are they willing to use customer supplied oil? If its confirmed maybe a group buy would be in order. If someone has a wholesaler contact..

Swampy 12-19-2011 04:19 AM

I am not sure I would bother in that instance. I was referring to self perform servicing or part there-of.

zzkazu 12-19-2011 05:05 AM

So are going to change the oil more frequently than 10k as required by service requirements?

Swampy 12-19-2011 07:29 AM

No, not at all, just sticking to the service schedule.

ENFORCER 12-19-2011 09:54 PM

Just spoke to the Dealer who said the filters cost $55 for the CRD and are readily available