Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   What do u guys do for all these damn rattles!!!?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/what-do-u-guys-do-for-all-these-damn-rattles-32798.html)

darkrock 12-19-2011 02:43 PM

What do u guys do for all these damn rattles!!!??

It's been bugging me since I got my 08 wk. Punching the areas is a temporary fix after getting so annoyed, lol but I was wondering what u guys do. I tried putting some hard foam in the headliner but that didn't work. It sounds like a ticking tacking sound coming from the right rear passenger side headliner, only way I can explain it and the front center console light area is always rattling. They rattle all the time without even going over bumps. And it sounds like my rear window gate is rattling as well..its driving me nuts!! I only have 35,000 miles on it..thanks for any info:thumbsup:

darkrock 12-19-2011 02:51 PM

Re: What do u guys do for all these damn rattles!!!??

Oh and I'm gonna have some pics to post up hopefully by the end of the week..I just got my 2inch daystar lift kit, 1.5inch spidertrax spacers, bf goodrich a/t and moabs powdercoated in textured black. Still waiting on my bilstein hd shocks. Can't wait to hear the rattles after that's all installed!!

antsjeep 12-19-2011 04:07 PM

just turn the radio volume up enough until you don't hear the rattles :D

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-19-2011 04:18 PM

i dont have any rattles in my jeep. i always replace the door clips when i remove the door panels and everything else is nice and tight

05wkguy 12-19-2011 05:55 PM

my rear passenger side interior light cover rattles,is it possible that yours is too? Would have to just wedge something in there.

Bikemobile 12-19-2011 06:33 PM

Something rattles in my jeep over the right rear passenger's head.

DGoral31 12-19-2011 08:29 PM

my buddy had the same issue on his Dodge challenger, ive got some rattles in the jeep also so i asked him what he did to fix it... he is super OCD... he carefully took off all the panels where he heard the noises and lined it with thin foam padding to make a snugger fit. He said some of the areas got fixed but the ones that kept rattling he put more and more foam. Takes some time because you gotta drive it around for a while after each application to see if the noise persists or not... if it doesnt eliminate the issue completely, at the very least it should help.

Also, i heard Dynomax helps with the doors... but thats an expensive route!

Personally, i've got a lot of rattling noise from my center arm rest and have yet to do anything about it... its really annoying but i guess im just too lazy.

darkrock 12-19-2011 09:36 PM

Yea that's what I was thinking about doing..hopefully one day ill have the time to do it..

DGoral31 12-19-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrock (Post 536954)
Yea that's what I was thinking about doing..hopefully one day ill have the time to do it..

pfffft tell me about it :rolleyes:

lll2for3lll 12-19-2011 09:39 PM

OME gas tubes make my WK rattle. I have a few from time to time but for the most part, it's quiet.

No One 12-20-2011 02:11 PM

Specifically, is the rattle coming from the headliner in the passenger side cargo area, above that side rear window?

DAVY27 12-20-2011 04:43 PM

mine's more like a crackling sound from the center console from time to time. Just turn the music up and problem is solved!