Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   FlyanRyan Custom Tune... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/flyanryan-custom-tune-32831.html)

fmmalverde 12-20-2011 12:25 AM

FlyanRyan Custom Tune...

Ok So I Contacted FlyianRyan For A Custom Tune For My 5.7 Cherokee Which Has The K&N Intake 40 Series Flowmaster And The DiabloSport Programmer,He Guided Me On Everything I Needed To Get My Tune Runing,As Soon As I Get The Tune On My Truck I Felt The Difference,Way More Power Off The Line From 1st To 2nd And 2nd To 3rd,Loving It So Far,And Will Try It Out A Lil More,Thanks Alot Bro,Recommend This Tune To Anyone With A DiabloSport Tuner...

svt393 12-20-2011 10:39 AM

Re: FlyanRyan Custom Tune...

How are the trans shift points and is throttle response better ? I hate my throttle response and shifting in my wk 5.7 .

FlyinRyan 12-20-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmmalverde (Post 537050)
Ok So I Contacted FlyianRyan For A Custom Tune For My 5.7 Cherokee Which Has The K&N Intake 40 Series Flowmaster And The DiabloSport Programmer,He Guided Me On Everything I Needed To Get My Tune Runing,As Soon As I Get The Tune On My Truck I Felt The Difference,Way More Power Off The Line From 1st To 2nd And 2nd To 3rd,Loving It So Far,And Will Try It Out A Lil More,Thanks Alot Bro,Recommend This Tune To Anyone With A DiabloSport Tuner...

Glad you like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt393 (Post 537198)
How are the trans shift points and is throttle response better ? I hate my throttle response and shifting in my wk 5.7 .

To clarify, the OP has a TCM tune only...he is running the 91 canned tune on the PCM side.

The base tune we send everyone (unless said client has specific requests) has raised throttle response and part throttle upshifts, and more sensitive downshift . What we do completely transforms how the transmission shifts-firmness, shift speed, upshift and downshift schedule, converter lockup etc). We also adjust WOT shift points (and rev limiter in the PCM file to match).

Without getting too specific, we have the ability to set up the TCM to hold gears longer so it isn't constantly upshifting. If you like the direct feel of a manual trans vehicle, this is definitely for you.

ekaz 12-20-2011 11:01 AM

A CMR tune is almost a must have for anyone with a tuner from Diablo. Congrats on the "new" ride.

svt393 12-20-2011 11:10 AM

So basically i buy a predator for my Wk .. Then run the 91 tune and contact Ryan for The tcm Tune?

Im assuming that on a bolt on wk with only a AFE intake and borla dual exhaust the 91 tune is sufficient since all i care about is the shift points and throttle response? and getting rid of MDS can still be done with the 91 tune?

FlyinRyan 12-20-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt393 (Post 537213)
So basically i buy a predator for my Wk .. Then run the 91 tune and contact Ryan for The tcm Tune?

Im assuming that on a bolt on wk with only a AFE intake and borla dual exhaust the 91 tune is sufficient since all i care about is the shift points and throttle response? and getting rid of MDS can still be done with the 91 tune?

More or less, all we need are your original pcm/tcm backups. If you have a specific canned tune you would like to run, like say a 91 or 93 canned tune or a CMR tune from someone else, youd want to send us your last tunes written.

If you can send us a datalog , and if you'd like, we can do a one-shot PCM file for 50$ . We can get bolt-on setups like yours dialed in with just one file. We dont just optimize open loop AFRs and spark, we also refine fuel trims for better drivability. Although MDS can be turned off via the handheld we can do it via CMR too. The canned tunes are a good base but leave room for improvement.

dmsfun 12-21-2011 11:38 AM

So I'm just wondering why is there not an 89 tune from Diablo or Superchips ? There is only 87, 89 and 93 Octane here in the Midwest, so have to run 93 premium on a 91 tune, which is about 40 cents/gal higher than 87.

FlyinRyan 12-21-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 537939)
So I'm just wondering why is there not an 89 tune from Diablo or Superchips ? There is only 87, 89 and 93 Octane here in the Midwest, so have to run 93 premium on a 91 tune, which is about 40 cents/gal higher than 87.

Probably because they know either people are going to run 87 because its cheap, 91 because they are in certain states, and 93 if they are racing or want max performance from the pump.

I suppose if you really want an 89 tune, we can set you up with one. In my experience, the difference between getting the better gas mileage with a high octane tune and the ability to run a cheaper gas with a lower octane tune turns out to be pretty negligible. Especially when you consider the difference in performance.

If you are running 93 why arent you running a 93 tune? I guess you are running Superchips, as I believe they max out at 91.