Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   4.7 valve compressor tool (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/4-7-valve-compressor-tool-32867.html)

Frango100 12-20-2011 08:49 PM

4.7 valve compressor tool

1 Attachment(s)
After a tip from 2005JGC regarding a valve compressor tool for the 4.7 engine, im still not able to find this tool. In fact i saw it at advance autoparts, but they dont ship outside of the States.
The brand is KD tools and the partnumber KDT3087. Anybody out there who can give me an other tip where to buy this tool, or an other suitable tool which can be used with the engine in place? Any hands-on experience in changing the valve seals is also very welcome.

01grand 12-20-2011 09:17 PM

Where are you located? You could try amazon.

Frango100 12-20-2011 09:31 PM

Re: 4.7 valve compressor tool

Im in So Paulo, Brazil. I will have a look at Amazon, thanks.

Frango100 12-29-2011 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After searching for quite some time for the valve spring compressor tool and not finding it anywhere, i decided to fabricate something similar as on the picture. I didnt do my best to make something beautifull out of it, but it had to be functional and not creating too much work. So after some hours of sawing, filing and drilling, the result is this. Maybe it needs some adjustments to make it fit properly, but i will only discover that as soon as the valve cover is removed. Not sure yet if i will have some time next week to try it out, but i will report back if it worked out or not.

scjeep4.7HO 12-29-2011 03:09 PM

Looks like a good first attempt to me

Me Fix 12-29-2011 08:18 PM

Hi Frank, If your home made tool does not do the job, let me know, although it looks pretty good. However if it does not work and you can wait, I will buy one, send it to you and you can send me a check per the part and S & H. I live in Indiana and can order one or maybe go buy one at one of the stores here. Then I can just sent it to you. I have no problem doing that for ya.

captdahuff@aol.com

Just let me know or follow up here at the forum at your thread with the progress.

Dave

Frango100 12-29-2011 08:37 PM

Thanks for the offer Dave. I will check out my homemade tool and if it doesn't work out well, i will come back to you.:thumbsup:

Scottina06 12-29-2011 10:21 PM

yeah...you shoulda posted a thread. I wouldve got ya one too and mailed it. Your a great help to the WJ guys in this forum!

Amelie 12-29-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 542419)
Your a great help to the WJ guys in this forum!

Undisputed :D

Me Fix 12-30-2011 08:29 AM

Yes he is ! And he is here a lot trying to share his knowledge with all of us. It's guys like Frank that make this forum so good. I've said it before, "it's better than having the shop manuals". The help we give each other is priceless, although sometimes like with bearing noise that can come from just about anything or any place, you still have to figure it out unless of course it comes apart! Intermitants can also strain the help line too.

So Thanks Frango100 for all you do for us. keep us informed and I'm sure we can find a way to get you a spring compressor. Maybe even a leak tester too, to help hold up the valves while you have the top side apart.

Dave

Amelie 12-30-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me Fix (Post 542584)
Yes he is ! And he is here a lot trying to share his knowledge with all of us. It's guys like Frank that make this forum so good. I've said it before, "it's better than having the shop manuals".

Dave

Yeah, He's about like a walking Jeep owner's manual lol.