Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Power fold-away (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/power-fold-away-32890.html)

Play21cw 12-21-2011 11:25 AM

Power fold-away

Anyone install Power fold-away mirrors on a jeep without them factory installed? i.e i ordered a 2012 limited, which doesnt havethat option, but i would like it.. is this hard/expensive?

ColdCase 12-21-2011 11:48 AM

Re: Power fold-away

I didn't think any JGC had power folding mirror option... although perhaps the European models do.

Sparro 12-21-2011 04:39 PM

^^^ What he said.

ENFORCER 12-21-2011 05:54 PM

Only the Export models have the fold in mirrors.
Great feature when in tight parking or roadways where you could be clipped.
I would hate to find out how much a complete mirror assembly is for a top spec model with the lane departure/blind spot and all the other electronics.

armoredsaint 12-21-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 538241)
Only the Export models have the fold in mirrors.
Great feature when in tight parking or roadways where you could be clipped.
I would hate to find out how much a complete mirror assembly is for a top spec model with the lane departure/blind spot and all the other electronics.

that sucks. why exports and not here?

Play21cw 12-21-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 538336)
that sucks. why exports and not here?

I agree! This is AMERICA.. its an AMERICAN built car.. makes you wonder.. pandering to euro trash

ColdCase 12-21-2011 09:22 PM

Like headlight washers, foldaway mirrors may be required by the $%^# in Europe.

I wouldn't want them, AMERICA has plenty of room for larger cars. For the few of you handicapped by smaller garages, get a bigger one or just get out and fold them in.. you need the exercise :)

I'm guessing Jeep marketing said there was no demand for fold away power mirrors, didn't show up as a desired feature on enough surveys.

Play21cw 12-21-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 538368)
Like headlight washers, foldaway mirrors may be required by the $%^# in Europe.

I wouldn't want them, AMERICA has plenty of room for larger cars. For the few of you handicapped by smaller garages, get a bigger one or just get out and fold them in.. you need the exercise :)

I'm guessing Jeep marketing said there was no demand for fold away power mirrors, didn't show up as a desired feature on enough surveys.

Listen "Cold Case" its not for my home, i was actually asking because i have several clients in the city who i visit regularly, and it would be nice to be able to fold the mirrors in when i pay 90 dollars a day to park in a lot that is sized for 50 cars but they put in 200..

I will have no problems fitting the jeep in my 4 car garage

Sparro 12-21-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play21cw (Post 538362)
I agree! This is AMERICA.. its an AMERICAN built car.. makes you wonder.. pandering to euro trash

euro trash? Tisk, tisk... There are lots of Europeans here that might take offence to that.
No need to be so nasty.

Play21cw 12-21-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparro (Post 538451)
euro trash? Tisk, tisk... There are lots of Europeans here that might take offence to that.
No need to be so nasty.

that is why this country is in trouble... let me guess, you are one who wont say "Merry Christmas"

BTW, my intent was not to start an argument but the last poster shook the hive, he should be prepared to be stung

Sparro 12-21-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play21cw (Post 538453)
that is why this country is in trouble... let me guess, you are one who wont say "Merry Christmas"

BTW, my intent was not to start an argument but the last poster shook the hive, he should be prepared to be stung

On the contrary... I am advocate on saying "Merry Christmas".
We should not have to change our traditions and beliefs because immigrants come to our countries for a better life and to escape persecution from their own governments and people.
You come here, we celebrate Christmas... if you don't like it, don't celebrate it... but don't try to change our traditions.
It's not really the Europeans... its those other people... :D
Merry Christmas!

Play21cw 12-21-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparro (Post 538461)
On the contrary... I am advocate on saying "Merry Christmas".
We should not have to change our traditions and beliefs because immigrants come to our countries for a better life and to escape persecution from their own governments and people.
You come here, we celebrate Christmas... if you don't like it, don't celebrate it... but don't try to change our traditions.
It's not really the Europeans... its those other people... :D
Merry Christmas!

I had you pegged all wrong Sparro :D I apologize.. Merry Christmas