Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   TreadLightly 1% under Invoice discount - Experiences? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/treadlightly-1-under-invoice-discount-experiences-32897.html)

armoredsaint 12-21-2011 01:43 PM

TreadLightly 1% under Invoice discount - Experiences?

Anyone join for $60 3-year membership and a $75 admin charge to get the 1% under invoice?

Seems like a great deal?

jgc4ever 12-21-2011 04:26 PM

Re: TreadLightly 1% under Invoice discount - Experiences?

I did this. Works great. Very happy that I had my control number when I went in to purchase a new WK2.

plynn7 12-21-2011 04:32 PM

Also used it last year, worked great, no back and fourth on the price! But you may be able to get a better deal now that it is no longer a new model. When I bought mine back in Oct 2010, dealers would not budge on the price some dealers were seling at full sticker price, now dealers may go below 1% invoice to move inventory.

armoredsaint 12-21-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plynn7 (Post 538189)
Also used it last year, worked great, no back and fourth on the price! But you may be able to get a better deal now that it is no longer a new model. When I bought mine back in Oct 2010, dealers would not budge on the price some dealers were seling at full sticker price, now dealers may go below 1% invoice to move inventory.

thanks for the replies, i guess i don't really need the membership if the dealer will do it automatically?!

ETA: i assume it works only for a purchase and not a lease?

Aeroguy 12-21-2011 07:36 PM

Maybe I'm missing something. I joined Consumer Reports and then joined their Car section. The price I got for my V8 Summit was $1255 under invoice PLUS the $1000 incentive for a price of $2255 under invoice. The sticker was $49635 and the invoice was $46409. My price was $44154. This was approx $350 over what the lowest dealer price offer was (CR gives a few dealer guaranteed prices). I split the difference with the dealer I wanted to work with so they dropped their $150 doc fee.

1% of my invoice is $464. I got about 3% under invoice through CR.

rustyosaurus 12-21-2011 08:26 PM

i thought you could do the 1% under invoice and then the $1000 incentive? is this also stackable with the $1000 dealer coupon that Jeep sends out for signing up for a brochure?

Mark Paul 12-21-2011 09:09 PM

I joined and took my paperwork into the dealership last month to make my deal. Once they confirmed my volume discount paperwork (subsided by Chrysler via treadlightly.org), I immediately received 1% below factory invoice. In my case that was almost $7,000! It's a no brainer...JOIN!!!

armoredsaint 12-21-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Paul (Post 538355)
I joined and took my paperwork into the dealership last month to make my deal. Once they confirmed my volume discount paperwork (subsided by Chrysler via treadlightly.org), I immediately received 1% below factory invoice. In my case that was almost $7,000! It's a no brainer...JOIN!!!

nice! what was the MSRP if i can ask?

Play21cw 12-21-2011 10:59 PM

TrueCar.com is free

armoredsaint 12-21-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play21cw (Post 538442)
TrueCar.com is free

i know they are, but i wonder how obligated they feel to do that compared to treadlightly where they really don't have much of a choice, right?

rustyosaurus 12-22-2011 01:22 AM

so do you basically just tell the salesman that you have the 1% below invoice for affiliates thing? Does he have to accept it? Can you use that in addition to the Jeep rebate in addition to the Jeep coupon for signing up for the brochure?

i also called the affiliates number today to ask about the "have to be a member for 30 days or more before using" thing - whether it applied to when I made the deal for the car and ordered it or when I took delivery? She said it was when I took delivery.

Rumline 12-22-2011 05:25 AM

I got the TrueCar guaranteed price immediately offered to me by dealers when I submitted quote requests through that website...and then negotiated lower from there. I think that in this market and with this particular model in question, people are able to beat the 1% below invoice on their own pretty easily. Paying $60 is not worth it IMHO.

Although keep in mind that price quotes on TureCar are inclusive of the $1000 rebate while their average car sales data figures are not. So don't expect a dealer to offer you the TrueCar price and then you be able to immediately knock another grand off of that.