Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   You know it's bad when: (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/you-know-its-bad-when-33003.html)

Wxchaser 12-23-2011 05:03 PM

You know it's bad when:

You know it's bad when before Christmas, you order yourself detailing supplies from various vendors, all for yourself!

Sasquatch microfiber towels...

Big Chubby wash sponges...

One gallon of Natural Shine...

Window Clean...

Grit Guard Double Bucket Dolly (rolling heaven)...

It's really bad when all your detailing supplies no longer fit inside
your very large Rubbermaid storage containers...

You go to your therapist and ask how to refrain from picking up a
Porter Cable 7424 XP...

Just imagine what could happen if the weather was warmer and it wasn't wintertime.

The disease...it's spreading :eek:

BuckeyeSRT 12-26-2011 10:12 AM

Re: You know it's bad when:

First step dude is admitting it. I look at it this way, the way I feel after I spend the day with my car(s) is almost like no other. If I went to a therapist it would cost much more. Detailing my ride is all the therapy I need and I'm saving money.:)

Knoxx5.7 12-28-2011 11:03 PM

You know it's bad when your wife is on the way to meet you, driving the WK- and you are just as excited to see the WK as you are her.

Scottina06 12-29-2011 12:15 AM

That is bad knoxx......lol

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

king 12-29-2011 12:37 AM

I have the same (exactly the same) problem... I'm still waiting on my supplies though.

Wxchaser 12-29-2011 12:00 PM

It's really kind of relaxing to detail your car and just enjoy the moment :-)

Robert Palmer 12-29-2011 01:00 PM

I love detailing.

There are days when work was a pain in the ass, I go into the garage downstairs and start detailing the car. It's a great stress reliever.

Only thing I hate since my garage at home is in a office building across the street, is when I am detailing the Jeep someone asks me do you detail cars? I say no I'm cleaning my car.

Or the best one, is the parking lot full? Excuse me Sir am I wearing a white shirt with a ****ing bowtie? Does it look like I work here? ///rant lol

Wxchaser 12-30-2011 05:51 PM

I find detailing a way to just unwind and relax. In fact after it blew like a banshee here yesterday, just did a complete exterior detail, before the next high wind event tomorrow (not driving the Jeep!).

You're totally on target - it's "simply irresistable"

Robert Palmer 01-03-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 542907)
I find detailing a way to just unwind and relax. In fact after it blew like a banshee here yesterday, just did a complete exterior detail, before the next high wind event tomorrow (not driving the Jeep!).

You're totally on target - it's "simply irresistable"

I feel like with the Jeep being so sexy and everyone staring at it, I want to tell them "I Didnt Mean to Turn You On" with the clean Jeep. LOL

Wxchaser 01-03-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 544546)
I feel like with the Jeep being so sexy and everyone staring at it, I want to tell them "I Didnt Mean to Turn You On" with the clean Jeep. LOL

I do that too! It is hilarious to see people's heads turn quickly,in Lexus or Infiniti's, Cayenne's etc, to check out the clean looking beastly WK2's.

Martyp 01-03-2012 05:40 PM

It's even worse when you go and buy a bunch of polishes/waxes and then get crummy weather and can't use them. :(

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...gpunter/AG.jpg

SRP + EGP for my dubj, UDS for my dads ML and my Civic DD. Aqua Wax for touchups, door jams etc...

I'm falling in love with Autoglym again, don't know if you guys get these products but I love 'em.

Knightrider03m 01-03-2012 09:00 PM

When I detail a car, I think of nothing else but the car itself. Its a great way to bypass the time.