Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   dash lights popped on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/dash-lights-popped-on-33038.html)

MattyDipps 12-24-2011 11:05 PM

dash lights popped on

Kay so I'm driving to work and three dash lights pop on ones my abs the other is my ESP/bas light and the other is my traction controll light...... Any idea as to what tripped this?

ive heard of a wheel sensor but can anyone tell me how to fix this ?

swing4terps 12-24-2011 11:22 PM

Re: dash lights popped on

Multifunction Stalk or Ignition Switch

MattyDipps 12-24-2011 11:24 PM

would this be a warented tem?

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-25-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyDipps (Post 539997)
would this be a warented tem?

What warranty do you have?

2005JGC 12-26-2011 04:42 AM

Yeah it depends on what warranty you have... I will say it is HIGHLY unlikely its going to have anything to do with your multi function switch, typically when all these lamps come on its indicating a system fault in your abs or traction control... could possibly be a speed sensor, I know at one point I had a steering angle sensor internal fault at one point that set all of these lights off (btw spray lube to resolve a squeek in your 600 dollar clockspring is bad, mmkay! ha ha).

This could be a pretty simple and straight forward repair at a dealer, just trying to replace parts and hopefully get the right one could get quite costly.

MattyDipps 12-26-2011 10:59 AM

okay so im kind of upset i heard a click at full turn to the left from the passenger front tire so i just took that tire off to find out my front sway bar isnt connected on that side? and the last person to work under there was the shop i brought it to for the front part of the lift ... so ill be bringing it down tomorrow ... this wouldnt have anything to do with the lights on would it? possibly because i havent gotten an alignment yet?

2005JGC 12-26-2011 01:34 PM

Likely not, but if there attention to detail is such that they can leave a swaybar endlink out or unbolted they may have damaged a wheel speed sensor while installing the lift.

MattyDipps 12-26-2011 03:37 PM

is there a write up on here as to what a wheel speed sensor looks like and how to replace it, ... im completely dumb when it comes to electrical things like this ... give me a 90' mustang and tell me to pull the motor and ill have it done in a couple hours

my lift was done 3 weeks ago and this is the first time im having this sort of problem ... ive only driven maybe 400 miles since install.

lll2for3lll 12-26-2011 04:24 PM

The lift and tires will throw lights occasionally though right? So he should have nothing to worry about maybe???

MattyDipps 12-26-2011 06:11 PM

i called the stealership to get another sway bar arm bolt (3 bucks by the way) and they said it could be a bad sensor and the truck is fine to drive to the dealership for an inspection and the truck will feel alot worse then the job actually is?

bad thing thats from a jepe delaer... and i bought my truck from a nissan and the warentee is through that dealer so im going to call tomorrow to see what happens...

ill keep you guys posted thanks for all the info if you guys think of anything else please let me know!!

2005JGC 12-26-2011 06:17 PM

typically the "lift induced esp activation" is not because of the lift, its the effects of the lift more specifically the larger unaccounted for tires and judging by the avitar picture tires are not his problem. furthermore, its an esp activation not a fault and activation wouldnt turn all the lamps on and leave them on.

did the superlift have longer swaybar endlinks that came with it? whatever you do make sure it matches the other side.

MattyDipps 12-26-2011 07:34 PM

im only running a rough country 2 inch spacer.

so its stock swaybar end links and stock everything else the only thing i could think of was a few days before i long pressed the traction button untill it beeped and read traction off on the display but i then pressed the button again to turned it on ... could that of done anything?