Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   CB radio installed! Where to mount the antenna? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/cb-radio-installed-where-to-mount-the-antenna-33050.html)

jreynolds 12-25-2011 03:04 PM

CB radio installed! Where to mount the antenna?

Finally found the right add-a-fuse connector. I tapped into the small fuse box above the petals and attached the ground wire to one of the screws for the fuse box. I tucked my wires back behind the panel below the steering wheel and used industrial velcro to mount the CB receiver. Now its time to find the right antenna mount and location for the antenna. If you have any suggestions for that Id love to hear them.

JonJon 12-25-2011 06:01 PM

I have the same radio and I haven't figured out where to put it yet. I thought about where you mounted it but I am worried my knee would hit it. Do you notice it while driving?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

JonJon 12-25-2011 06:02 PM

Btw I have the saguaro mount and firestik antenna. The antenna has great reception and the mount fit and finish is top notch.

jreynolds 12-25-2011 09:06 PM

Re: CB radio installed! Where to mount the antenna?

I am like 6,2 and i dont notice it. and when im not using it i disconnect the mic. how did u run ur antenna cable?

JonJon 12-25-2011 09:10 PM

Awesome. I will probably be moving mine there tomorrow.

I ran the cable through the door sills, under the driver's seat and then through the center console. As for the back door, I run it under the gasket and down to the gap in the floor. Fits nicely! I can take pictures for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Budasac 12-26-2011 12:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
When you run the antenna, if you follow the sills then over the wheel well (inside the truck) you can bring it out behind the drivers side tail light. There's already a hole for it thats coverd by a rubber gasket.

As far as the CB mount, I'd be concerned about hitting it with my knee as well. If you pull the cubby out on the left of the steering wheel and cut the back off it that model should fit right in. I have a smaller unit and had to make a bezel for it.

The antenna mount I made from a piece of angle. I think it's pretty much the same as the Saguaro mount. The pic is from the test fit. It's the same color as the truck now.(And straight)

fatfreddy 12-26-2011 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my radio mounts.

jreynolds 12-26-2011 07:56 AM

Budasac, how'd you make that bezel

Budasac 12-26-2011 11:17 AM

I have a write-up on JF. And here's a link for the antenna mount.

JeepCoop 12-26-2011 11:39 AM

Damn fatfreddy you got a lot going on there, yet its all organized! Nice

I gotta get me a CB and antennae and all that.

Any recommendations?!

MattyDipps 12-26-2011 11:45 AM

fatfreddy, is your dash sprayed in bed liner?

JonJon 12-26-2011 05:25 PM

Fatfreddy you have the same cb as us. How did you mount the mic to the radio and the radio to the console? That looks really clean