Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Car tilts to the left when parked (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/car-tilts-to-the-left-when-parked-33074.html)

diman 12-26-2011 12:53 PM

Car tilts to the left when parked

I have a WK2 3.0 CRD Overland on air suspension. When I park and leave the car in normal ride height on an even surface it eventually lowers BUT does so with an noticeable tilt to the left. As soon as I start the engine it raises to normal height and levels out. Anyone had a similar issue?

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-26-2011 02:32 PM

Re: Car tilts to the left when parked

i know the WK leans a litttle to the drivers side because of the gas tank....... might be the same for the WK2

diman 12-27-2011 12:59 PM

Hmm... Makes sense. I'll see if it leans when the tank is half or near empty. But is this normal though?

Thanks!

Lingohocken 12-27-2011 04:49 PM

Remove the Obama sticker and it'll quit leaning left.:lol:

HammFist 12-27-2011 05:53 PM

I only have a sample size of one, but that is not normal for mine.

bigbore 12-28-2011 06:48 PM

I have a leak that the dealer has been unable to fix in two visits. In my case the entire front end lowers with the left front collapsing completely when left overnight. They replaced a fitting and a hose but it did not solve the problem.

smahoney 01-04-2012 03:37 PM

My car is currently in for service on an issue much like this - assuming you also have Quadra-Lift.

I had several "Immediate Air Suspension Service/Repair Required" warnings pop up on the dashboard, and took the car in for service. They replaced the control module for the suspension system and declared it fixed, yet the warning came back on about a week later. I've taken it in again, and they have written to Detroit on how to fix the issue. If you Google it, you can find several others with similar issues.

However, with how it relates to your problem - my dealer told me that yesterday when they came in the car suspension had raised on the back right wheel although they had left it at normal ride height. Definitely an issue.

Assuming you also have Quadra-Lift, it might be a similar issue.

Check it out with your dealer and see if they can find any error codes associated with the air suspension.

ColdCase 01-04-2012 07:23 PM

Thats does not seem normal, mine stays at the same height (when off) for days. The only time it lowers is when I put it in parking height mode. Seems to me to be a slow leak somewhere.

bbjrhome 01-04-2012 11:53 PM

Have not noticed this as a behavior on my 2012 WK2 Overland with QL. I've left it at normal ride height at the airport parking for 10 days and when I returned it was not leaning one way or another. This was with a full tank of gas as well. Have also left it on other occasions for multiple days and it never leaned one way or another. What you have going on is certainly not normal behavior.