Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Bit the bullet (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/bit-the-bullet-33083.html)

gwnewman1 12-26-2011 07:54 PM

Bit the bullet

And bought a '12 Laredo. Traded in my '01 Cherokee with an idiot light that popped on taking it to the dealer, tired of dealing with them and wanted something nicer anyway. E group, moonroof, security and convenience, towing and off road I for 32 something, 34,160 OTD.

For the record, I got kinda sad when they took the tags off my old one. Will pick up the new one Wednesday as it's coming from another dealer. Bought the bug shield while I was waiting around for the finance lady.

lll2for3lll 12-26-2011 08:00 PM

Re: Bit the bullet

3.6?

gwnewman1 12-26-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 540607)
3.6?

Yep. I couldn't justify the hemi. I'm not going to need to tow that much and the V6 had plenty of oomph for me. I rented one for a long weekend to play around with it before I bought this one.

Cherodude 12-27-2011 10:20 AM

Sounds like a nice setup you have coming. I also came from the old XJ platform. You'll find the Pentastar is just fine!

Happy Holidays!

DaBigBone 12-27-2011 11:28 AM

Congrats on the purchase! You'll enjoy the V6

AAAA 12-27-2011 12:55 PM

Wise move.

gwnewman1 12-27-2011 03:36 PM

Thanks all. It's killing me having to wait for it...I want instant gratification when I spend that much money (of course, seeing some of the new ones on here, I got off cheap). I already turned in my old one, dealer gave me a base loaner, so I'm not so anxiously awaiting tomorrow afternoon. Of course, since it's dead at work, I've been looking at stuff to buy for it already! Bought a bug shield before I left the dealer, will probably order a hitch step and cover for it here soon. First big purchase for it will be tires, going to wait until the first snow here to see how the stock goodyears do though. If they suck a$$, I'm going to Revo 2's...had the Revos on my XJ and they were an ungodly tire.

Chi-One 12-27-2011 07:45 PM

Congrats! Remember to post pics!

Molson 12-27-2011 07:47 PM

i love my 3.6 4x4... loaded down, 80mph and still pulls 20 mpg.

Sammzway 12-28-2011 02:42 PM

Where do you live? I wish we had a loaner when we leased our '11. We had to wait 1 month for the god damn thing to arrive. It was "In transit" for the longest time and we received it after a month. You'll love your new truck, good luck.

gwnewman1 12-29-2011 09:40 AM

I'm in Northern VA. And of course, I get a call from the dealer yesterday that while it's in the other dealers inventory (the one they're getting it from), it hasn't arrived at the lot yet. I called Jeep (severe mistrust of dealerships here) to find out - it was shipped from the factory and is still en route. Still trying to figure out how it can be in inventory when they don't have posession of the car yet, but I digress. At least I'm getting one fresh and clean!

Sammzway 12-29-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwnewman1 (Post 541877)
I'm in Northern VA. And of course, I get a call from the dealer yesterday that while it's in the other dealers inventory (the one they're getting it from), it hasn't arrived at the lot yet. I called Jeep (severe mistrust of dealerships here) to find out - it was shipped from the factory and is still en route. Still trying to figure out how it can be in inventory when they don't have posession of the car yet, but I digress. At least I'm getting one fresh and clean!

To my understanding, when a dealer orders a vehicle.. once it's shipped to them (although it'll say it's in transit) it will show up in their inventory list. Your dealer knew it was in transit because it says IN TRANSIT next to the vehicle's VIN #. How do I knew this? Because when we ordered ours, I sat next to the dealer as he was explaining the whole process to us and I was staring at his monitor LOL. I wouldn't worry about it, just be patient and it'll arrive. The whole shipping process is a time lengthy process. Worst part was when our Jeep arrived and was unloaded from the freight train, the truck drivers went on strike. We had to wait for the dealer to find a different company to bring it from the freight lot to the dealer lot (I was pissed). Good luck bud, at least you got a loaner ;)