Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   "Stacking" up to the Superlift (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/stacking-up-to-the-superlift-33115.html)

jlewissystem 12-27-2011 04:32 PM

"Stacking" up to the Superlift

Calling all stackers and superlifters:
I currently have the OME HD and see everyone wanting to go to the SL, if not already there :) I also see a few (very) nice Jeeps out there with a stacked OME or equivalent. I'd love to throw 2-3 more on top.....Question is:

For stacking or wanting to mimic the SL, is there consideration for the relocation hardware that comes with the SL? If not - what's the difference between a stacked lift and the SL. Thanks!!

jayloop 12-27-2011 04:39 PM

Re: "Stacking" up to the Superlift

I believe Omelet and AcidCold would be your two best sources of info on Stacking the OME, they have done it and put them to hard use with them that way. They are both very technically inclined and could answer just about any question you might have. I would recommend PM'ing them both if you don't get much detailed response.

While we are talking about stacking, there are some of us around that are experimenting with stacking on the Superlift. If you have any questions in that arena I'd be happy to answer!

jlewissystem 12-27-2011 04:44 PM

Thanks for the response! I thought about PM'ing them, but figured this wouldnt be bad public discussion for some other guys :) I'm calling them out in public :D Sorry guys! As for stacking the SL - that's awesome! I'll holler if I get to that height :D

jayloop 12-27-2011 04:54 PM

Actually, that is a good idea... It would be great to have an official write up put together!!

jlewissystem 12-27-2011 04:55 PM

We'll see if the other guys have time to help contribute - might have to make a official "Stacked" thread ;) Good luck at the dealership!

maxst2 12-28-2011 01:58 PM

believe acid tried that and eventually when to the superlift due to the issues he had.

omelet 12-28-2011 02:03 PM

Sorry I don't have time to get into any explanations right now, because I have my family visiting me. But promise to get back in here tomorrow and get into anything you want to know then, if someone else doesn't answer you by then :D

JeepCoop 12-29-2011 10:34 AM

Good post gents!!! MOAR EENFO PLEAZE!! :D

PS Senor Lew just save for the SL...like me! haha

jlewissystem 12-29-2011 10:52 AM

Oh god - dont make me do it ;)

JeepCoop 12-29-2011 11:04 AM

I mean I'm not holding a gun to your head per se but why stack it up w potential for problems and just spend the extra cheese on the SL...?! I mean it IS a better lift AND keeps all the geometry as it should be w reduced stress on our shiz! Know what I'm saying?! :D

jlewissystem 12-29-2011 11:15 AM

I DO! But i also know i spent ~800 on the OME last year, so it'll be a bit before i fork out ~1400 for a SL :p

JeepCoop 12-29-2011 11:20 AM

Ohhhhhhh I see!!! Glad I only spent the 100 er so on the RC! My SL savings fund has been activated and is slowly getting bigger!! hehe