Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Water under the floor! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/water-under-the-floor-33145.html)

K Wiig 12-28-2011 10:36 AM

Water under the floor!

Hi all. Brand new here (and to Jeep). Just purchased a 2012 Grand Cherokee on December 23rd only to find the under floor area FULL of water when we got home. Of course the dealership was closed over the holiday weekend so I had to drain the water out myself. I drained both belly pans of about 7 total gallons of water and the back deck under the spare tire had to be soaked up with towels - it was about an inch deep back there. It has been in the shop for a couple days now and they can't find anything definitive that caused this. To say I'm concerned would be an understatement. does anyone have any insight? All 4 sunroof drains were clear and running out of the vehicle properly. All door seals appear to work properly. The windshield doesn't leak. What the!!!??? :confused:

SixZeroFour 12-28-2011 10:50 AM

Re: Water under the floor!

Check the a/c drain line - I remember seeing another member post about something similar. If there was that much water in there the small amount in the spare tire might have just condensed there over time.

kelvar13 12-28-2011 10:51 AM

you could try washing it and seeing if you get any additional water?

77Cherokee 12-28-2011 11:20 AM

Seven gallons is a lot of water. My guess is that someone at the dealership left windows or the sunroof open and rain got in. If it doesn't happen again, that was it.

dubwarren 12-28-2011 11:39 AM

I wouldn't keep that vehicle. I'd return it for a car that won't have a mold farm for an interior. Good luck with that.

K Wiig 12-28-2011 06:53 PM

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the messages. I did return the vehicle and am looking forward to receiving the replacement. It is a great vehicle, isn't it? Im going to throw that first experience in the fluke bin and try again. I sure enjoyed my short time with mine (other than the stress caused by the water issue that is). They hooked me up with a 2011 GC rental so that's cool too. Best wishes and thanks again.

cdspiller99 12-28-2011 07:03 PM

That Sucks, im Jeep as been great, no leaks or anything, best of luck!

armoredsaint 12-28-2011 07:06 PM

7 gallons??? call me skeptical.

K Wiig 12-28-2011 07:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I can appreciate your skepticism, armoredsaint. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. I did take pictures that may lend some credibility to my account of the event. Either way, some might be interested in what I saw.

Picture 1 is of the spare tire storage area beneath the back deck
Picture 2 is the battery storage well beneath the passenger seat before I drained the area
Picture 3 is the first of two buckets that I filled to about 3/4 with an aquarium siphon before I located the rubber drain plugs (sure wish I had found those before pumping all that water by hand)
Picture 4 is the water flowing from the driver side drain plug

sined240 12-28-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Wiig (Post 541644)
I can appreciate your skepticism, armoredsaint. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. I did take pictures that may lend some credibility to my account of the event. Either way, some might be interested in what I saw.

Picture 1 is of the spare tire storage area beneath the back deck
Picture 2 is the battery storage well beneath the passenger seat before I drained the area
Picture 3 is the first of two buckets that I filled to about 3/4 with an aquarium siphon before I located the rubber drain plugs (sure wish I had found those before pumping all that water by hand)
Picture 4 is the water flowing from the driver side drain plug

Damn you weren't joking...

WoodKnuckle 12-28-2011 08:31 PM

They have a TSB for Water leaks:

See link

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2303311.pdf

Kashef 12-28-2011 08:31 PM

Thank GOD you're getting a replacement.