Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   SRT engine brace/upper strut bar (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/srt-engine-brace-upper-strut-bar-33153.html)

SoCalMoparWK 12-28-2011 01:53 PM

SRT engine brace/upper strut bar

I found a sick deal online from a salvage yard and I only paid $25 for the strut and $20 for shipping. Couple scratches but over all mint condition. Will post pic as soon as I get it installed.

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-28-2011 02:08 PM

Re: SRT engine brace/upper strut bar

good deal!

suzieque 12-28-2011 04:22 PM

Interesting, for some reason I didn't think the SRT strut was a direct replacement for the non-SRT strut.

Scottina06 12-28-2011 04:25 PM

if you have the intake resonator...like the 3.7 and 4.7...it will rub on the intake resonator. I doubt it works with the 5.7's engine cover. No idea on the CRD...but Id say it wont work on it as well with the cover.

suzieque 12-28-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 541502)
No idea on the CRD...but Id say it wont work on it as well with the cover.

yeah, I agree, I had wanted a SRT strut brace but then I'm sure I read somewhere that the SRT strut brace would not fit on a non-SRT WK.

I do think that all non-SRT strut braces are the same, seems to me I was cross checking WK part numbers, and they were all the same part numbers for the non-SRT models, CRD/3.7/4.7/5.7

Anyway, my strut bar is all frickin scratched thanks to the dealership mechanics, I'm thinking of chroming it, that should hold up the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMoparWK (Post 541414)
Will post pic as soon as I get it installed.

I'm certainly interested in pics of the 2 strut bars to see if they are swappable. :)

SoCalMoparWK 12-28-2011 07:53 PM

Well I don't haves any air box anymore so all I have left is the throttle body becauemit now connected to the k&n intake so I have the clearance now. The holes are the same for the bolt on, so everything should be no problem. We shall see...

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-28-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMoparWK (Post 541641)
Well I don't haves any air box anymore so all I have left is the throttle body becauemit now connected to the k&n intake so I have the clearance now. The holes are the same for the bolt on, so everything should be no problem. We shall see...

you will have to drill a hole into it or make a mounting bracket for something..... i cant remember off the top of my head. but it will fit on the 4.7 without the airbox

SoCalMoparWK 12-28-2011 11:02 PM

I shouldn't have to do anything the jeeps body r all the same that it why u can do conversions w/o any modifications

Scottina06 12-28-2011 11:15 PM

Hey there risk taker.....high risk taker....I did this mod like 5 years ago....you will have to drill a hole for the cruise control servo.....
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-28-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMoparWK (Post 541733)
I shouldn't have to do anything the jeeps body r all the same that it why u can do conversions w/o any modifications

i had one on my jeep for awhile and scott has one on his, you have to drill

ChrisWk 12-28-2011 11:41 PM

It fits the the 5.7 not problem. Good luck.

suzieque 12-29-2011 01:40 PM

Is the SRT brace stronger or better than the non-SRT brace?