Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2nd test drive of Overland today, one problem arose (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2nd-test-drive-of-overland-today-one-problem-arose-33171.html)

ucla95 12-28-2011 06:45 PM

2nd test drive of Overland today, one problem arose

Seatback feels as stiff as a metal board. Or did I just get a bad one? Seats don't have a lot of cushioning at all, but the bottom I was fine; the seatback was really really stiff I thought.

Is this common? tia

JeepGuy026 12-28-2011 06:48 PM

Maybe someone was playing with the power lumbar, I have to have it totally all the way back in the seat

cdspiller99 12-28-2011 07:04 PM

Re: 2nd test drive of Overland today, one problem arose

Play with that lumbar some, I noticed that mine "loosened" up after a month or so...

ucla95 12-28-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGuy026 (Post 541593)
Maybe someone was playing with the power lumbar, I have to have it totally all the way back in the seat

I was in the car long enough to adjust the lumbar. But my issue was with the overall stiffness of the seat. Felt like i was sitting against a wall.

Gearhead 12-28-2011 07:08 PM

It's a stiff seat but I find it very supportive and comfortable, even after 8 hours behind the wheel. My first impression was how hard it seemed but after 2500 miles I don't give it a thought.

ucla95 12-28-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearhead (Post 541605)
It's a stiff seat but I find it very supportive and comfortable, even after 8 hours behind the wheel. My first impression was how hard it seemed but after 2500 miles I don't give it a thought.

Tyvm!

Sammzway 12-28-2011 07:39 PM

Trust us, seats are very comfortable. When I go from my Volkswagen CC into my wife's Jeep I can feel the difference. Although my CC has much nicer (to the touch) seats but Jeep feels so much better when driving for a long period of time. Stop wasting your time doing all these test drives and just lease/buy the damn thing. You will not regret it.

Lingohocken 12-28-2011 07:41 PM

First impressions of the seats can mislead. My wife almost ruled out an Overland based on the hard seats, both bottoms and backs. But now that we've had one for over 6k miles and taken it on a long trip, neither of us minds the seats at all.

Are they the most comfortable we've used? No, but more than good enough.

ucla95 12-28-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 541625)
My wife almost ruled out an Overland based on the hard seats, both bottoms and backs. But now that we've had one for over 6k miles and taken it on a long trip, neither of us minds the seats at all.

Good info, thank you very much.

SW03ES 12-28-2011 09:20 PM

The seats are definitely firm, way firmer than what we're used to. We just drove it on a 5 hour trip to WV and they were very comfortable.

The seats are very european feeling.

jgc4ever 12-28-2011 09:30 PM

I have a bad back, but I'm happy with the seats in my new Overland. Very comfortable. Just be sure to adjust everything so you fit right in like a glove.

olamaca 12-28-2011 10:26 PM

I'm not sure what car you were coming from before the test drive but I used to drive a BMW and Audi and I found those two brands to have very uncomfortable seats, i.e. I was always uncomfortable and had stiff backs/shoulders. Yet the JGC not a German car is the most comfortable vehicle I've ridden in over a decade. But, the one thing every drive must know is that it isn't the car or the seat that's the problem most of the time, it's how you position it against your body and the steering wheel.