Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Auto Tilt Mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/auto-tilt-mirrors-33181.html)

Sparro 12-28-2011 11:22 PM

Auto Tilt Mirrors

I have my EVIC set to auto tilt mirrors when in reverse. But it tilts both. I find this very frustrating. Is there a setting where I can just have the passenger side tilt only? I do not need or want my drivers side to tilt.

WoodyCanuck 12-29-2011 12:55 AM

Re: Auto Tilt Mirrors

I don't think so.
If you really want it badly, you might have to get in and disconnect a wire or two.

I have used the tilt-down mirrors for over 6 years, and have gotten used to them.
I was really happy to see that the GC has them too. :)

Wxchaser 12-29-2011 03:38 AM

I leave it turned off in the EVIC settings, with the back up camera I just didn't find much of a need to have the tilt down mirrors on for myself.

Darby Crash 12-29-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparro (Post 541743)
I have my EVIC set to auto tilt mirrors when in reverse. But it tilts both. I find this very frustrating. Is there a setting where I can just have the passenger side tilt only? I do not need or want my drivers side to tilt.

I think that would be awesome to have that option. I'm sure somebody could make this work....I believe. Also, folding mirrors while you're at it.

MikeON 12-29-2011 08:05 AM

I like the tilting mirrors, but would prefer that the driver's side tilt less than it does. I turn this feature off when towing because it tilts the mirrors so low you can't see the trailer.

SW03ES 12-29-2011 08:23 AM

Why they felt the need to tilt both I don't understand. We had a 98 Lexus and only the passenger side tilted which was great, but all our newer ones both tilt which I also don't care for.

Nothing you can do about it...

armoredsaint 12-29-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 541808)
I leave it turned off in the EVIC settings, with the back up camera I just didn't find much of a need to have the tilt down mirrors on for myself.

doesn't help when people curb their wheels.

Wxchaser 12-29-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 541876)
doesn't help when people curb their wheels.

I'm so careful I never curb my wheels, lol - way too anal!

johhn14 12-29-2011 12:52 PM

My "old" 2009 Acura TSX had just the passenger mirror do this. That was perfect. The driver side can be helpful, but I think it's overkill. It can be helpful backing into parking spots, but is a detriment parallel parking when you can't see the traffic coming up from behind.

jgc4ever 12-29-2011 02:48 PM

Some people park on one ways; sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right.

JTS97Z28 12-30-2011 12:01 AM

My 2007 Acura TL-S will tilt whichever mirror you have the mirror switch selected to. I guess thats kind of a good idea. So if you want only the right mirror to tilt leave the mirror control selector on the right mirror and vice versa. If you want no tilt leave the switch centered.

JRoll1ns 12-30-2011 12:08 AM

its awesome for backing down a trail