Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   so pissed!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/so-pissed-33189.html)

JVBW0527 12-29-2011 07:06 AM

so pissed!!

So i go food shopping last night. I park where there aren't any carts or alot of cars.
Well.....i come out to my jeep an hour later to a dent in the
Drivers door just above the chrome "grand cherokee" which is also dented
And and a quarter size piece of paint missing down to the
Metal! It doesnt look like a dent from another car.....there is no
Other paint on my jeep.....it looks more like a runaway cart going at a high
Rate of speed! Soooo annoying when something happens
To your 4 month old jeep and im not even around......if people would just
Put their f**ing cart back where they came from! Ok sorry for
my rant.....lol now i need to get it fixed, any recomendations for a body
shop on long island (sayville, bohemia, bayport, holbrook,etc) areas that
can fix my jeep up like new? Thanks!

Jeeters 12-29-2011 07:25 AM

Re: so pissed!!

Could have been deliberate. Cars that are parked all by themselves stand out and can become targets for jerkoff vandals. Some kid may have seen it sitting all alone, thought, 'what makes him think his car is so special that he has to park it by itself?" then made a game of seeing if he could roll his cart into it from a distance. He won the game.

AAAA 12-29-2011 07:59 AM

That sucks. If you don't get any glowing body shop recommendations check with your dealer. Their own shop or the one they use should do good work. Your insurance company will recommend the cheapest, but will probably approve the one you find if you get the OK from them before you have the work done. It should look fine.

JVBW0527 12-29-2011 09:09 AM

I wasn't actually all alone in the middle of nowhere in the lot. when i parked there were two cars about two spots away from me on each side. I was more concerned with being where there weren't any carts since it was kind of windy last night.

Scottina06 12-29-2011 10:17 AM

most carts have rubber bumpers on them...atleast around here. Sounds like a good door ding

ucla95 12-29-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeters (Post 541825)
Cars that are parked all by themselves stand out and can become targets for vandals.

Hate to say it but +1 on this.

JeepGuy026 12-29-2011 12:26 PM

I used A place called Giordano's on 112 they fixed up my wk like new when I had a fender that someone smacked. Very reasonable too.

Scottina06 12-29-2011 12:28 PM

is it a retail store or business with security cameras? If so...you could ask them to see the tape

BManz 12-29-2011 12:29 PM

The dreaded shopping cart drive-bys --- there ought to be a law. I drive my family nuts by parking far away anytime we shop, but not in a way that I stand out like some sports car drivers (take up 3 spaces on an angle). Usually I find a spot against one of those concrete islands and pick an island that sits between the vehicle and the cart corrals or store entrance. Hope the dent comes out without drama.

TaxiDriver 12-29-2011 02:50 PM

It's all these people just leaving their cars in the next parking space after they put all the stuff in the trunk. How hard is it to walk 10 ft and leave it in the cart corral? Noone has any consideration for others these days!

JVBW0527 12-29-2011 02:50 PM

thanks everyone! Yes, i usually try to park in an area where there aren't cars directly next to me, but there are cars around me, so as to not make myself a target. How would someone know whether or not there were any cars right next to me that maybe had left parking lot already and go out of there way to smash my car. I don't understand why someone would care where i parked my car, I'm not taking up two spots or parking on a diagnal. I found a place and I'm getting an estimate tommorrow. They said they will be able to tell if it was from a shopping cart........I just hate having to pay for someone else's inconsideration.....:(

I was at a stopnshop, not sure if they have cameras

J13ntv 12-29-2011 03:40 PM

Usually they have to do the whole door to blend it properly or the paint might not match perfectly. I had a chip from a wheel barrow on the edge of the door. I fixed it myself by doing some reading, wet sanding, and using the mopar color primer and paint. It's pretty good but far enough down I don't really see it and it won't rust now. Many layers to get the thickness.