Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   !!not feeling it!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/not-feeling-it-33198.html)

Dnizzle80 12-29-2011 08:13 AM

Diablo Predator !!not feeling it!!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I picked up a Predator and after updating it, I installed the 93 octane canned tune, I'm not feeling much of a difference at all. I know I can go out and get a custom tune from guys like FlyanRyan, but I thought I would notice some kind of a performance change from stock to 93 canned. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!

HemiDawg 12-29-2011 09:10 AM

Re: !!not feeling it!!

Don't know this from experience, but based on some other posts I have read, maybe you need to disconnect the battery to reset everything.

JeepCoop 12-29-2011 10:46 AM

You should have felt it immidiatly! It really is a big difference. Def try to reset the battery and go from there!!! But you SHOULD feel a darn big difference than stock...and then Ryans tune will make it even better!!!

Let us know!

jlewissystem 12-29-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 541904)
You should have felt it immidiatly! It really is a big difference. Def try to reset the battery and go from there!!! But you SHOULD feel a darn big difference than stock...and then Ryans tune will make it even better!!!

Let us know!

Agree and agree - try Ryan's TCM tune - you'll likey :)

Jahkneefive 12-29-2011 11:31 AM

More than likely you're not feeling anything b/c its yanking timing like a mofo. Its winter, which makes it all the worse. I can tell you from personal experience the 93 canned tune needs work. You'll probably get the best results either running the 87 tune with mid grade or the 91 tune with premium 93 octane fuel. For some reason the WKs just don't like the settings on the 93 canned, I personally think they set the fuel trim too aggressive, but for whatever reason the 93 canned seems to be the worse bout timing retard.

Also make sure when you install the PCM tune you also select the Predator TCM tune as well... if you selected the stock TCM setting you won't notice much of a difference.

Dnizzle80 12-29-2011 12:30 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback guys...hopefully this helps. Frustrating that you spend all this money on something that's supposed to increase performance and then come to find out, you can't use it to max potential?!?! I'll try loading the 91 tune with 93 fuel see what happens.

teekay1 12-29-2011 12:42 PM

hit up johan

4.whoa 12-30-2011 02:32 AM

Run the 91 tune and then modify the stock trans tune ( follow blackpeppers upshift thread) it'll be a HUGE difference. Also go into modify engine tune and up your rpm's and put your throttle Boost to 10% .....trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Dnizzle80 12-30-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.whoa (Post 542544)
Run the 91 tune and then modify the stock trans tune ( follow blackpeppers upshift thread) it'll be a HUGE difference. Also go into modify engine tune and up your rpm's and put your throttle Boost to 10% .....trust me, you'll be glad you did!

What should I up my RPMs to??

FlyinRyan 12-30-2011 10:36 AM

Shoot me an email, i can help via a custom tune...

Dnizzle80 12-30-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 542639)
Shoot me an email, i can help via a custom tune...

Email sent...Thanks!

FlyinRyan 12-30-2011 02:18 PM

just refreshed my email on both my phone and computer....nothing. Not in my spam folder either. What address did you email? flyinryanporting@gmail.com , Would like you to send your last tune written and if you'd like PCM tuning , a log.