Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Window Tinting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/window-tinting-33245.html)

outback 12-29-2011 09:29 PM

Window Tinting

Can anyone recommend a good window tinter in the Brisbane region and if so what would you expect to pay to have the drivers and passenger side window done.:thumbsup:

ENFORCER 12-30-2011 07:42 AM

Re: Window Tinting

Mine cost $88 mates rates for 35% tint that matches the colour well.

Deserthucker 12-30-2011 10:03 AM

$300.00
20% on the front
UV cut and heat block on all the rest.
I could notice a big difference in heat transfer with the UV cut on the on the back windows.
all windows except the windscreen tinted.
and done on a weekend at the tinter's home.

ltmcmahon 03-19-2012 07:54 PM

Hi, long time reader first time poster. Love reading this forum, and looking forward to purchasing a new WK2 in the next couple of months (makes a nice upgrade from my Toyota Camry!).

Does anyone know the VLT % of the factory tint/privacy glass (not sure if it's different on the different models, but i'm specifically asking about the limited), and on which windows.

Obviously the rear and the rear side windows are darker than the front side windows, but is there any tint at all on the fronts?

Enforcer, do you have a photo of yours after the tint, that i could compare to the pick in your sig?

Cheers
LT

frog_a_lot 03-19-2012 08:08 PM

As far as i know 20% privacy screen on the rears, nothing on the fronts.
Im going to go 20% all rears and probably 35% on my front 2. i have Laredo so it didnt come with any tints or privacy glass

ENFORCER 03-19-2012 08:23 PM

I think Frog is close, I seem to remember it being 18% VLT for the rear windows and the glass is dyed not tinted.

nonopr01 03-19-2012 09:24 PM

I measure it today privacy glass is 20% on my Limited. Front doors and windshield carry a 4% filter so you need to adjust to make it 20% all around.
I did 355 tint on doors and windshield and with the factory glass filter I ended in 31%. Measured by the machine

John47 03-19-2012 10:23 PM

Our Laredo is booked for tinting with 3m Carbon Black film 35% @ $330. All windows except windscreen. We had this film on our Patrol for 6 years and it was faultless.
The only issue we found was at night it wasn't as easy to see out with the dark film, particularly when reversing - I used to wind the window down - not good when it was raining.
The reversing camera works fine at night so will go with the 35% again.
It wasn't the cheapest price i got around but made the decision on the impression of the installer and his premises.

Mendo 03-19-2012 11:49 PM

I have the darkest legal tint (not sure of %) which isn't too dark and with the UV protection really does a great job. It is a black car and doesn't get really hot in the sun. I have also found we don't need the window sock for your child in the back the tint is enough to keep them happy.