Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Now that I've installed the HID Projectors I have a BIG PROBLEM (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/now-that-ive-installed-the-hid-projectors-i-have-a-big-problem-33256.html)

TheAngryMinnow 12-30-2011 01:24 AM

Now that I've installed the HID Projectors I have a BIG PROBLEM

My high beams are now aimed about 20' in the air now that the projectors are level and at the proper height. Any way to correct for this since the WKs have a single screw that adjusts the headlight elevation?

TheAngryMinnow 01-02-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Now that I've installed the HID Projectors I have a BIG PROBLEM

No one? Basically my only options now are to wire the bi-xenon to the high beams and install ****ing LEDs in the high beams or something. I don't see this being fixable.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-02-2012 01:32 PM

maybe someone would have helped you if you didnt only come on here looking for help and to scam other members :thumbsup:

2005JGC 01-02-2012 02:58 PM

:thumbsup:

TheAngryMinnow 01-02-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 544197)
maybe someone would have helped you if you didnt only come on here looking for help and to scam other members :thumbsup:

Right, not like I've ever done a DIY or anything. :slapfight:

lll2for3lll 01-02-2012 05:40 PM

I don't get how your high beams are aimed so high when the high and low share one piece. Also, does it really matter? I ask because the low beams don't turn off when you turn on the high beams when you have the relay harness on the battery.

guitarguy2186 01-02-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 544150)
No one? Basically my only options now are to wire the bi-xenon to the high beams and install ****ing LEDs in the high beams or something. I don't see this being fixable.

Bi-xenons are supposed to replace the need for multiple bulbs, when you send a 12v current through the solenoid in the projector it will drop the reflector shield and allow all of the light to pass through the projector and function as your high beams. I did this mod on my 2008 R6 motorcycle. What you should do is use the current from the high beam factory harness and wire it to the solenoid in the projector, this way when you use switch to high beams in the car it will send the 12v current dropping the reflector shield and act as your highs.

Dont know if that was even your question but its hard to tell with no pics. hope that helped

TheAngryMinnow 01-02-2012 10:08 PM

^ no, my problem is that the solenoid works but makes the high beams obsolete to the point that they're useless and should just be removed/replaced. To the other poster, high beams are aimed higher in their housing so as the angle of the low beam was adjusted upward for the bi-xenon the high beams angle was exaggerated even more.

What baffled me was beside my problem how people with the quad-bi-xenon setup would get their second set of lights level, as theyd have the same problem i do with the high beams pointing 20' in the air. Guess I'll just put some LEDs in there or something.

guitarguy2186 01-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 544455)
^ no, my problem is that the solenoid works but makes the high beams obsolete to the point that they're useless and should just be removed/replaced. To the other poster, high beams are aimed higher in their housing so as the angle of the low beam was adjusted upward for the bi-xenon the high beams angle was exaggerated even more.

What baffled me was beside my problem how people with the quad-bi-xenon setup would get their second set of lights level, as theyd have the same problem i do with the high beams pointing 20' in the air. Guess I'll just put some LEDs in there or something.

Ok I see what you are trying to do. You have adjusted the projectors to work perfectly but now the stock high beams are angled too high? Why not just put an led light in that slot and wire it to be day time running lights. If you installed the projector into a stock housing try adjusting the actual projector to suit your liking instead of using the factory screw to adjust the entire housing. I would think the stock high beam is useless once you instal bi-xenons, isnt that the point of them?

TheAngryMinnow 01-02-2012 10:45 PM

basically, yes but I don't just want an empty socket.

I was considering just getting these to fill the space and they plug right into the existing high beam plug

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p8022473.html

There's no way to adjust the actual projector itself up and down, it's seated back in the bowl then screwed in tight, allowing no movement. Still confused how a quad setup would work. No worries tho, thanks guys that helped:D

guitarguy2186 01-03-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 544475)
basically, yes but I don't just want an empty socket.

I was considering just getting these to fill the space and they plug right into the existing high beam plug

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p8022473.html

There's no way to adjust the actual projector itself up and down, it's seated back in the bowl then screwed in tight, allowing no movement. Still confused how a quad setup would work. No worries tho, thanks guys that helped:D

You can adjust them by using a dremmel and slightly/progressively eating at the resting point (the back portion) of the projector base. A small change there will allow a rather large angle change for light. But, since you technically still have highs with the bi-xenon and have those already adjusted, I would fill the factory high slot with those led's you found and wire them as daytime running lights. Hope it comes out well. :thumbsup:

TheAngryMinnow 01-03-2012 01:54 AM

2 questions. If I do that, where could I find a 9006 cover for the plug that won't be in use?

also, would I just use a 9006 bulb (since thats what the housing takes) and then buy a male plug with the wires at the end to splice into the daytime lights (currently I just drive with the parking lights on for DRL, so splice them?)