Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Just got an 2012 Overland 5.7 - presets and memory seats issue / NAV (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/just-got-an-2012-overland-5-7-presets-and-memory-seats-issue-nav-33291.html)

JAWSS 12-30-2011 07:20 PM

Just got an 2012 Overland 5.7 - presets and memory seats issue / NAV

Hi folks - I'm new here. Looks like a common problem is the memory seat causing Sirius to lose presets. I checked, and I am running 2.116. I know 2.120 is out, and I downloaded the file from Sox on the other thread. I am not inclined to install it, however, until someone confirms that it fixes the memory seat / preset issue. Does it? It's more of an annoyance than anything, and I don't want to waste the time unless I know it's going to work. Any advise is appreciated. (Note that I am not losing HOME at all - just radio presets after memory seat engaged.)

Also as an aside, I am having NAV issues. In our suburb, a lot of house numbers have letters in the middle. Like mine is "39W285" and then there is a street name. The damn thing won't let me type the W (my old 07 Dodge Charger SRT8 let's me, and that's just a CD). Navteq says my map is up to date (I think I have the RHR). Any thoughts?

fundguy 12-30-2011 10:50 PM

Re: Just got an 2012 Overland 5.7 - presets and memory seats issue / NAV

If you are trying to set HOME for a favorite on your nav just store it as your current location instead of typing in the address. If you need to use it to plug in your neighbors addresses you need more help than you can get from a NAV. lol I think that's what you are trying to do though. But who puts letters in with numbers. Never seen that before. :rolleyes:

JAWSS 01-02-2012 04:55 PM

We live pretty far west outside of Chicago. All of the addresses out here have letters in the middle. Dealer took care of the radio issue (just need to set presets with car running, set memory seat, turn off car, open door and close it, wait for everything to shut off, and then start the car - presets stick). No luck on the NAV. We need those letters or it won't work.

I was just experimenting with the NAV - don't need it to find neighbors, but do need it, and everything out here has a letter in the number.

aphexafx 01-02-2012 07:10 PM

If your address isn't new, it SHOULD be registered in the Navteq DB. Really lame that the "MyGig" interface is blocking your address input because of such a stupid oversight.

Have you tried entering as much of your street number as you can and then selecting the "List..." soft key? I don't remember if it's actually titled "List..." but you get the idea. Perhaps with everything else entered (state, city, street) it will be able to find your address even though you cannot enter it fully.

Otherwise, what a shame. That's huge issue. That's not a bug, that's a genuine design flaw.

BuckeyeSRT 01-03-2012 09:13 AM

Do not go from 2.116 to 2.120. That is what I did and I have the same issues as before with a new one (difficult time recognizing my iPod connected via armrest usb)

BioTech 01-11-2012 10:54 AM

A little off topic but is the memory settings suppose to tune the radio to the same setting as it was when you turned the car off? I will leave my radio on SAT but when i turn the car back on it always goes to FM radio.

fishdaddy 01-11-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 544614)
Do not go from 2.116 to 2.120. That is what I did and I have the same issues as before with a new one (difficult time recognizing my iPod connected via armrest usb)

Buckeye, simple question: Are you losing address book and HOME address after updating to 2.12??? Please help, cause that's the only reason I would have for doing the update.

Thanks

Lingohocken 01-11-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishdaddy (Post 550535)
Buckeye, simple question: Are you losing address book and HOME address after updating to 2.12??? Please help, cause that's the only reason I would have for doing the update.
Thanks

See here: http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=27990
v2.120 isn't resolving the memory issue. :mad: