Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Build Sheet questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/build-sheet-questions-33352.html)

Skremese 01-01-2012 05:19 PM

Build Sheet questions

So I got my build sheet and build date for my new WK2 Overland Summit. She was built on 10/31/11 - Halloween. Which is kind of interesting since the door plate says 11/11 build date.

On the build sheet I noticed the following items:

• GUQS Power Folding Multi-Function Mirrors

What is this? I, like many, wish the WK2 had power folding mirrors. When I saw this my curiosity was piqued. Anyone know what this is referring to since clearly the WK2 for US market doesn't have this feature.

• LBRS Front & Rear Aimable LED Lamps

How are the lamps "aimable"? I can only seem to turn them on and off.

• XBNP Tip Start

What is a "Tip Start"?

• XC8P Delete Rear Tow Hook

I'm assuming this is part of the Overland and/or Summit package. Where would this tow hook be? Mine also doesn't have the front tow hooks which I've read in other threads were started to be included on Summits built after 11/2/11.

I have about 900 miles on my WK2. Loving it so far. I got the Hemi and have to say it's exceeding my expectations both in performance and economy. In a recent 320 mile round trip I averaged 17.5MPG with about 80 miles of that being city driving. I used the ACC the entire trip on the highways - was awesome.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-01-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Build Sheet questions

that means electric mirrors that manually fold

BobsWK2 01-01-2012 07:13 PM

The F & R interior lights are not aimable.

Tip Start I believe just means that once you press the engine start button, you don't have to continue to hold it in until the engine starts.

Rear tow hook is deleted on vehicles with the tow hitch.

ekaz 01-01-2012 07:29 PM

Tip start was before the push button, but like bob said, just had to "tip" the key to start an then the jeep would finish the start procedure without you holding the key till I started

Milous 01-01-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skremese (Post 543792)
Mine also doesn't have the front tow hooks which I've read in other threads were started to be included on Summits built after 11/2/11.

Included on Summit models ORDERED from 11/2 onward.

Skremese 01-01-2012 09:47 PM

Many thanks for the explanations. Although I don't see how "power folding" should refer to anything other than what it seems to state.

Regarding the front tow hooks - since the Jeep web site shows then as included on the Summit does anyone think there's a chance the dealer or Jeep will add them now for free? I actually wouldn't mind installing them if I got them for free. I think it would help complete the front end as the blanks where they should be kind of bug me.

One other question, does anyone know what option/feature would fill the last switch area under the HVAC controls? Mine has buttons in all places other than the farthest one on the right.

BobsWK2 01-02-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skremese (Post 543883)

One other question, does anyone know what option/feature would fill the last switch area under the HVAC controls? Mine has buttons in all places other than the farthest one on the right.

Doesn't apply to the GC but on the Durango which has the same strip of buttons, the last button on the right lowers the headrests on the 3rd rear seat for better visibility out the rear window.

Milous 01-02-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Although I don't see how "power folding" should refer to anything other than what it seems to state.

This has been an area of confusion for a long time, they can't seem to get it right. A simple dash & comma would solve everything ("power-folding" and "Power, folding".)

For non power-folding mirrors they have used these descriptions, among others:

POWER HEAT MEMORY FOLDING AUTO MIRRORS
POWER F/AWAY MULTI-FUNCTION MIRRORS
POWER HEATED MIRRORS, FOLD-AWAY

To add to the confusion the original sales code for power-folding mirrors was "GUQ", and now the same GUQ sales code is also used for "power, folding mirrors".

Quote:

Regarding the front tow hooks - since the Jeep web site shows then as included on the Summit does anyone think there's a chance the dealer or Jeep will add them now for free?

0.00% chance, unless in the extremely unlikely event that your dealer is feeling really generous

Skremese 01-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 543951)
Doesn't apply to the GC but on the Durango which has the same strip of buttons, the last button on the right lowers the headrests on the 3rd rear seat for better visibility out the rear window.

Hey - that's a cool feature! I didn't notice that when I looked and the Durango.

Skremese 01-02-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 543966)
This has been an area of confusion for a long time, they can't seem to get it right. A simple dash & comma would solve everything ("power-folding" and "Power, folding".)

Yep, that explains it. Any idea what the code and description is for the markets that do get power folding mirrors? Also, where is the switch located?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 543966)
0.00% chance, unless in the extremely unlikely event that your dealer is feeling really generous

That's too bad but what I would suspect. The website is am ambiguous on the feature both stating the chromed ones are standard on the Summit (Exterior --> Exterior Tour --> Chrome Tow Hooks) and that they are included as part of the offroad package (Capability --> Capability Tour & Off-Road Performance). Im going to ask them when I bring her in for the first oil change. Probably won't be before March. Maybe I can get them to at least sell them to me cheap so I can install them.

FreshAudi 01-02-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 543850)
Included on Summit models ORDERED from 11/2 onward.

I'm in the same boat with an 11/11 build date.

Because I didn't order it after 11/2 I don't get them?

Milous 01-02-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshAudi (Post 544277)
Because I didn't order it after 11/2 I don't get them?

Correct. The parts were not available from the supplier for the first part of the model year.