Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered WK Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/)
-   -   Performance DPF and Exhaust Methanol Inj. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/performance-dpf-and-exhaust-methanol-inj-33401.html)

Bora Boy 01-02-2012 08:11 PM

Performance DPF and Exhaust Methanol Inj.

I know it is a piece of cake to put a MBRP type DPF back system on but has anyone done a true performance Turbo-Back with larger DPF. I am not interested in a DPF delete but am looking to chip the engine and do not want EGTs to skyrocket while towing.

Also looking at a methanol injection system any advice; SnowPerformance is on my list.

Burner 01-09-2012 11:21 AM

Re: Performance DPF and Exhaust Methanol Inj.

What is snow performance? I have the MBRP system and love it, but you have a good question about a bigger DPF. I'm sure that would help with spooling the turbo up. Do you happen to know if anyone makes a CAI. I have been going nuts trying to find one, and I could make one, but I'm feeling lazy lol

2005JGC 01-09-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 548887)
What is snow performance? I have the MBRP system and love it, but you have a good question about a bigger DPF. I'm sure that would help with spooling the turbo up. Do you happen to know if anyone makes a CAI. I have been going nuts trying to find one, and I could make one, but I'm feeling lazy lol

FYI, cold air intakes are highly NOT suggested on diesels... I saw you had a post about an extended warranty, I just want to let you know up front aftermarket filters allow much more to pass through (air and debris) and if you have an engine failure or turbo failure and they see debris damage to anything and you have a CIA, your claim will likely be denied and you can pay for the 20k dollars worth of engine replacement out of pocket ;) This is not very common but it something specifically asked for in the warranty diesel diagnostic sheet and will be inspected for.

Burner 01-12-2012 02:44 PM

I know that but still want to do it. But I wont. But thank you for the info

TurboDiesel 01-12-2012 10:46 PM

i want mine to be louder
and its that stupid DPF lol

if it didnt throw a code i would take it off

zero_psi 01-15-2012 08:27 PM

lol if u run meth u have to tune for it or ill break shit realllll fast

Bora Boy 04-10-2012 11:54 AM

Why would runing Meth break stuff? I know a tune would get more power.
What I really would like to get is the ERGs down for towing!

Taquache 08-14-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 549016)
FYI, cold air intakes are highly NOT suggested on diesels... I saw you had a post about an extended warranty, I just want to let you know up front aftermarket filters allow much more to pass through (air and debris) and if you have an engine failure or turbo failure and they see debris damage to anything and you have a CIA, your claim will likely be denied and you can pay for the 20k dollars worth of engine replacement out of pocket ;) This is not very common but it something specifically asked for in the warranty diesel diagnostic sheet and will be inspected for.

:confused: On these Jeeps or on all diesels??

CAI are highly recommended for supporting increased power levels and if you're looking for more turbo noise, now OILED filters are not recommended for Turbo'd diesels as the increased air flow can pull the oil and trapped contaminants through the filter and into the intake. This mainly comes from under/over oiling a filter but being better safe than sorry and run a dry element.

This comes from experience with my last 5 diesels, my current Cummins putting almost 700hp to the wheels last dyno.

tnadanzig 08-22-2012 10:23 PM

No one has made a larger dpf for the 3.0. Not very pratical or cheap. Your best bet would be to mod one from a larger engine to fit in place, but that would all be custom and probably fit like crap.
I run the devil's own methanol injection system with progressive controller. It runs great. I need to run some more 1/4 mile times to see what gains I have made, but it is very noticable and brings down the egt's about 150.
I run the Custom Spooling tune with dpf delete for over 12k. Zero problems to report. Not what you want to hear, but it works. I want to get mine emission tested because I bet it would still pass.

Taquache 08-23-2012 08:59 AM

With the tune and deletes does your Jeep smoke?

tnadanzig 08-23-2012 09:35 PM

It does when I am in Colorado above 6000' but only until the turbo spools, but otherwise no. It's not much just a tiny puff. It's all in the programming, there is enough fuel to smoke plenty.