Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just Ordered It (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-ordered-it-33468.html)

rustyosaurus 01-03-2012 09:25 PM

Just Ordered It

Well, just put in an order for a Brilliant Black 2012 Overland V6 4x4 with Adaptive Cruise and Black interior. Because I was ordering, I got a decent price, but not amazing - just the tread lightly 1% below invoice minus the $1000 rebate.

I feel a little sick to my stomach. 41k is a lot of money for a car. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Coming from a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited. Can you say upgrade?

Couldn't make up my mind about the ORAII package so I just decided to go without and worry about it later. I do like the 20 inch rims. Hopefully it won't suck too bad in the snow.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

Skremese 01-03-2012 09:33 PM

Re: Just Ordered It

You'll love it, I'm sure. A huge difference than your Hyundai.

How long will it take for you to get it? Why did you have to order vs get one traded from a dealer? Around here, northern Cali, the V6s are plentiful in every trim, especially of you don't want ORAII.

rustyosaurus 01-03-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skremese (Post 545034)
You'll love it, I'm sure. A huge difference than your Hyundai.

How long will it take for you to get it? Why did you have to order vs get one traded from a dealer? Around here, northern Cali, the V6s are plentiful in every trim, especially of you don't want ORAII.

Here in the midwest there are very very few V6 Overlands. Add Black/Black with Adaptive Cruise and I think there was one 700 miles away. It just seemed easier to order it.

No idea how long it will take. Salesman said 6-8 weeks but I would be surprised. They haven't been making any V6 4x4 for a few weeks and although I heard they are starting back up in the next week or so, I'm sure there is quite a backlog.

jgc4ever 01-03-2012 09:49 PM

It's a lot of money, but I'm so happy with my Overland. Congrats!

gt6974a 01-03-2012 10:46 PM

Same boat, on the 23rd, last car was only 28k out the door

gwnewman1 01-04-2012 10:23 AM

Heh, I'm in the minority here then. Just bought a Laredo with ORAI to get the QT-II. Last car was like 15k out the door, this one was 34. My head was swimming when we left the dealer and I didn't even have the car yet! (dealer trade).

Mendo 01-04-2012 12:31 PM

Congrats. You'll be happy with the colour and upgrade from Santa fe. I only wish we got your prices over here. Laredos start at $50k the overland is $75k.

Newman you'll be happy with Laredo. And you're actually in the majority. I think Laredos make up 55% of production.

DaBigBone 01-04-2012 12:37 PM

Nice purchase! You'll love it compared to your old car.

gwnewman1 01-04-2012 01:23 PM

I know i'll be happy with it, I loved my Cherokee. Was time to upgrade though. Needs to hurry up and get here, and then SNOW so I can see how it does compared to the old one.