Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Technical Tips/DIY/How-To (
-   -   How to change PCV valve on 07 4.7l? (

bachmanw 01-04-2012 08:37 PM

How to change PCV valve on 07 4.7l?
Hello folks need some advice. I have 30k on my wife's 07 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7l V8. Going to do plugs and according to owners manual should check/replace PCV valve. I got a Chiltons and already am bummed because it is NOT where the Chiltons says it is on the filler tube. It is on the drivers side head in the back of the engine compartment by the last plug and injector. I have not changed one of these before. I pulled the hose off and the thing looks like blue plastic to me, so I was afraid to even mess with it. It is pretty tight back there and no way you turn it 90 degrees and remove like the Chiltons says. Looks like a PITA and frought with danger after quick look.

Anybody with experience?

While I am here calls for Champion RC12MCC4 plugs, anybody have other experience positive or negative?

Scottina06 01-04-2012 09:24 PM

Re: How to change PCV valve on 07 4.7l?

bachmanw 01-05-2012 01:44 PM

Re: How to change PCV valve on 07 4.7l?
Thanks for the help. I saw that thread before and it looks like mine, but the thread that was linked to referenced a flex fuel motor and mine is not. Was not sure that made a difference. So now I see the entire unit threads out. I can not find this part in any local autoparts store. Is this a dealer only item?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community