Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   If I only had the cash (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/if-i-only-had-the-cash-33534.html)

cheapjeep 01-04-2012 11:42 PM

If I only had the cash

I would do this! http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...ory_Code=WJJKA

Amelie 01-04-2012 11:50 PM

Re: If I only had the cash

That looks sweet, but why would you?

cheapjeep 01-05-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 545748)
That looks sweet, but why would you?

Because I've run out of lights to change why else:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Just kidding buddy but seriously to a person that likes to go 4wheeling thats like putting the equivalent of a Sherman tank under there.A Rubicon Dana 44 front is light years ahead of even my Dana 30 Vari-lock in strength and traction. The 30 no matter how you dress it is the weak link in our Jeeps.The rear would be much stronger too.The high pinion all but eliminates driveline angle woes with a lift and that electric locker,well......:thumbsup:It would be the ultimate off road setup for a WJ that still had excellent highway manners.

Amelie 01-05-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 545762)
Because I've run out of lights to change why else:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Just kidding buddy

:D none taken lol, the way you worded that description makes it sound awesome :thumbsup:

cheapjeep 01-05-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 545765)
:D none taken lol, the way you worded that description makes it sound awesome :thumbsup:

It all comes down to what you're into. Some guys like street Jeeps.Some guys like offroad Jeeps.I like the best of both so my goal is to create the ultimate hybrid.I think I shall call it Frankenstien! Hey I kinda like that......Frankenstein.........been looking for a pet name for it.............hmmmmmm......Thanks Bud.

Frango100 01-05-2012 09:24 AM

You guys make me jalous with all the modding..................
Im only spending my money to keep it rolling as a standard jeep...............:(
Jeh, you really have to love it................................:rolleyes:

01grand 01-05-2012 09:51 AM

Dave, its a good thing those axles are way out of my price range right now, or I'd be in big trouble with my wife!

Hybrid Jeep thats a good word, my Dad was asking what way I'm going here, bigger all terrain tires, skid plates, but fancy lights, no lift, and street sway bars. Although for serious off roading I guess sway bars would come off anyway.

Amelie 01-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 545803)
I think I shall call it Frankenstien! Hey I kinda like that......Frankenstein.........been looking for a pet name for it.............hmmmmmm......Thanks Bud.

lol Frankenstein, Don't forget that was the name of the scientist not the creature lol unless you plan on doing crazy experiments to your Jeep and saying IT'S ALIVE!!, IT'S ALIVE!!

As a matter of fact, I can picture you installing both those axles and then raising the lift up through the roof of your garage and the Jeep gets hit my lightning and then you bring it back down and it starts revving up and you're like, IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 545931)
You guys make me jalous with all the modding..................
Im only spending my money to keep it rolling as a standard jeep...............:(
Jeh, you really have to love it................................:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with having a dependable vehicle that you're knowledgeable enough about to maintain. :)

FlyinRyan 01-05-2012 01:00 PM

6k is alot to dump on a WJ.

Amelie 01-05-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 546100)
6k is alot to dump on a WJ.

What kind of projectors are those in your picture? Those TL's?

FlyinRyan 01-05-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 546107)
What kind of projectors are those in your picture? Those TL's?

Uhhhh....:lol: They aren't projectors at all. They're ported throttle bodies. 5 of them. For 5.7 Rams and Jeeps.

Amelie 01-05-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 546119)
Uhhhh....:lol: They aren't projectors at all. They're ported throttle bodies. 5 of them. For 5.7 Rams and Jeeps.

lol wow they sure look like the TL's with that big bottom piece that I mistook for a solenoid.