Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Good suspension for 2" lift? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/good-suspension-for-2-lift-33549.html)

shmidii 01-05-2012 09:52 AM

Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
whats a good suspension for a 2 inch lift??

Crestwood1001 01-05-2012 09:55 AM

Bilstein

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

shmidii 01-05-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
can you send me a link of these? i cant find them for some reason

Crestwood1001 01-05-2012 10:32 AM

I'm at work so no I can't, but there are tons of threads here on them. I ordered mine on summit racing, just go there and enter your vehicle type and u will find them

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

JeepCoop 01-05-2012 10:41 AM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
For a 2" lift you can go w the Rough Country Spacer lift and Biltsein struts n shocks.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_wk_2.html for the lift (you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere but that's the base price)

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/ht...ear=%272007%27

Good luck!!! There are tons of threads on here and a lot of us are running this lift and shocks. I am! :)

antsjeep 01-05-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
RC & Bilsteins

Crestwood1001 01-05-2012 12:18 PM

Ill be selling my rear bilsteins with about 2500 miles on them in a few weeks if your interested, upgrading to the monroe load levelers for some rake

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Budasac 01-06-2012 05:31 PM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 546067)
Ill be selling my rear bilsteins with about 2500 miles on them in a few weeks if your interested, upgrading to the monroe load levelers for some rake

:thumbsup: You'll be happy with them. Just make sure you glue the rubber sleeve in place before you install them. A number of us have had the the coils push the sleeve down to the bottom of the shock. Then the coil rubs on the shock body and and makes all kinds of scraping noises and squeeking. Other then that they're awesome.

Are you getting the stock length or the F-150 model?

Crestwood1001 01-07-2012 12:08 AM

F150, what type of glue?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Budasac 01-07-2012 12:33 AM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
Somebody said they used Gorilla Glue, I used Phenoseal cause that's what was closest to me. With the F-150 shocks you'll need some washers on the top mount as well. I think I used 2 or 3 per side.

mizman 01-19-2012 02:12 PM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 545962)
For a 2" lift you can go w the Rough Country Spacer lift and Biltsein struts n shocks.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_wk_2.html for the lift (you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere but that's the base price)

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/ht...ear=%272007%27

Good luck!!! There are tons of threads on here and a lot of us are running this lift and shocks. I am! :)

Ditto. I just did my jeep with the RC 2", Bilsteins and 1.5" spidertrax spacers. Worked out well. Also did the pinch weld mod while I was at it.

antsjeep 01-20-2012 09:12 AM

Re: Good suspension for 2" lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budasac (Post 547368)
Somebody said they used Gorilla Glue, I used Phenoseal cause that's what was closest to me. With the F-150 shocks you'll need some washers on the top mount as well. I think I used 2 or 3 per side.


when you say F150's... im assuming they're longer shocks than a WK's?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community