Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   What is your preferred brand/type of Wiper Blades? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/what-is-your-preferred-brand-type-of-wiper-blades-33563.html)

Amelie 01-05-2012 03:22 PM

What is your preferred brand/type of Wiper Blades?

What do you like or think are the best?

If I don't have your brand and/or type in the poll, feel free to post it.

Robert Palmer 01-05-2012 03:45 PM

Re: What is your preferred brand/type of Wiper Blades?

I've always bought bosch icons once the oem's wore out.

Just replaced the OEM's on my SRT with ICONS. I love em.

Amelie 01-05-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 546270)
I've always bought bosch icons once the oem's wore out.

Just replaced the OEM's on my SRT with ICONS. I love em.

Same here brother, Their great :D

01grand 01-05-2012 04:13 PM

I like their excel+ blades, they have always worked well for me.

Footer89 01-05-2012 09:48 PM

I usually put on the Rain X on my car but i just switched to the bocsh icons. I love thoes blades. Much better in my mind and a little cheeper than the RainX ones.

Amelie 01-05-2012 10:09 PM

Anyone ever try the Rain-X windshield spray with a pair of high quality blades?

TJXJWJ 01-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 546554)
Anyone ever try the Rain-X windshield spray with a pair of high quality blades?

Yes....I use the Rain-X treatment and run the Icons. It's unbeatable with the crappy weather we get here. It greatly reduces the ability of snow and ice to stick, rain runs off like it would a well-waxed painted surface. I actually just got done Rain-X'ing my ride tonight after I washed it. I'll be doing the wife's WK this weekend too. Also running Icons on hers.

The Icons and the Michelin's have no exposed metal...and are therefore impervious to salt and moisture. I occassionaly wipe mine down with rubbing alcohol to keep them clean. I bought my Icons when I bought my WJ (summer of 2010) and they are still like new. No streaking or chattering, and the leave my windshield clean and dry. I think the Rain-X treatments have a lot to do with that.

Amelie 01-05-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 546561)
Yes....I use the Rain-X treatment and run the Icons. It's unbeatable with the crappy weather we get here. It greatly reduces the ability of snow and ice to stick, rain runs off like it would a well-waxed painted surface. I actually just got done Rain-X'ing my ride tonight after I washed it. I'll be doing the wife's WK this weekend too. Also running Icons on hers.

The Icons and the Michelin's have no exposed metal...and are therefore impervious to salt and moisture. I occassionaly wipe mine down with rubbing alcohol to keep them clean. I bought my Icons when I bought my WJ (summer of 2010) and they are still like new. No streaking or chattering, and the leave my windshield clean and dry. I think the Rain-X treatments have a lot to do with that.

Sounds like a great combination

Martyp 01-06-2012 06:35 AM

I have the icons installed on mine but are now truly at the end of their lifes, 3 yr old. To be fair I really abused them in Winter, using them to scrape of the ice/snow etc and in Winter these blades rock. However, I found they didn't quite clear the entire 'contact area' near the ends the blade just didn't perform well and the backstroke sometimes left streaks.

So this year I'm gonna try a regular blade again and go for the PIAA silicone ones.

Amelie 01-06-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 546701)
However, I found they didn't quite clear the entire 'contact area' near the ends the blade just didn't perform well and the backstroke sometimes left streaks.

I've had that same problem where the contact was not uniform across the entire blade thus creating a bunch of streaks which sucks lol

01grand 01-06-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 546561)

Mr. Tony is absolutely 1000% correct here, a good coat of rain-x on the windshield makes wiper blades obsolete during most rainy weather. It definitely improves snow/ice resistance in the winter too. Thanks Tony for the reminder that I need to re-apply rain-x this weekend. :thumbsup: