Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Color Blind??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/color-blind-33578.html)

CaptRB 01-05-2012 07:23 PM

Color Blind???

Am I correct in what I'm seeing? I can't get the Overland Summit in most of the regular colors? According to the Jeep Website the Overland Summit is only available in a few colors. Why oh why would they do that???

Robert B
NY:confused:

Richpearl 01-05-2012 07:43 PM

Re: Color Blind???

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptRB (Post 546423)
Am I correct in what I'm seeing? I can't get the Overland Summit in most of the regular colors? According to the Jeep Website the Overland Summit is only available in a few colors. Why oh why would they do that???

Robert B
NY:confused:

You are correct, sir!

Richard B

CaptRB 01-05-2012 07:48 PM

Yikes! That kinda sucks. I may have to get an Overland and add some stuff if I want the color I want. What a drag! Or learn to love those few choices. Sheesh, no red, silver or even white for the top level Summit. And I really like the mesh in the Summit grill, but I prefer red or silver....guess I can always add parts.

Rob

Richpearl 01-05-2012 10:41 PM

Yep, I find it a tough choice, too. In the end, I'll probably skip the Summit and just opt for the Overland with the ACC package and saddle/black interior. At this point, I'll try to restrain myself from buying until the 2013 model year so I can get the 8-speed tranny.

If I were to go for the Summit, I'd choose Mineral Gray.

Rich

BobsWK2 01-06-2012 02:18 AM

I only wanted a white exterior with a black interior, so for me I had to go with the Overland. Otherwise if I could have gotten a Summit in white/black, I would have got one.

CaptRB 01-06-2012 08:28 AM

Hmmmmm....limiting the colors (and with some drab picks) wasn't a great idea IMO. but it seems like I can have the Overland and won't miss anything, but I do like the nicer grill insert. How hard is that to add...can a dealer do it?

Robert B
NY

AAAA 01-06-2012 08:33 AM

It's to make it more "exclusive". Woooooo!

CaptRB 01-06-2012 08:52 AM

How is it more exclusive? The same colors can be had with the other models according to the website. It's very odd as some of those colors are not really "high end" picks. The brown is probably the least popular. I don't think I've ever seen one.

Robert B
NY

AAAA 01-06-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptRB (Post 546739)
How is it more exclusive? The same colors can be had with the other models according to the website. It's very odd as some of those colors are not really "high end" picks. The brown is probably the least popular. I don't think I've ever seen one.

Robert B
NY

It's just my guess. I've seen the brown. It is not bad in person. I have White Gold, get compliments on the color on sunny days and Jeep discontinued it. Maybe it's not the color; it's the price of gold!:lol:

Dan JGC 01-06-2012 11:32 AM

Love love love my Brilliant Black Summit (V8 4x4, no DVD so have the pano roof). Get comments all the time on what a great color combo ext/int it is. I think a white exterior would also look great with the Summit trim level.

Tybalt39 01-06-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptRB (Post 546726)
Hmmmmm....limiting the colors (and with some drab picks) wasn't a great idea IMO. but it seems like I can have the Overland and won't miss anything, but I do like the nicer grill insert. How hard is that to add...can a dealer do it?

Robert B
NY

There is another thread around here showing the Summit grill on either a standard Overland or a Limited. I believe it was a relatively painless swap.