Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f141/)
-   -   WideBand Jeep SRT8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f141/wideband-jeep-srt8-33708.html)

PicuSRT8 01-07-2012 10:54 PM

WideBand Jeep SRT8

Hi what is the best WideBand for the jeep srt8?

Thanks

FlyinRyan 01-07-2012 11:01 PM

Re: WideBand Jeep SRT8

I personally like the AEM UEGO. However it's pretty convenient just to log AFR using the PID with Diablo. Rule of thumb is that it is typically .2 richer than actual, which is pretty close.

PicuSRT8 01-08-2012 10:39 PM

The Innovate MTX-L WideBand is best than the AEM WideBand?

FlyinRyan 01-08-2012 10:44 PM

The Diablo datalogging has an AFR PID in it. If you really need to see AFR, just get any gauge of your choosing.

PicuSRT8 01-09-2012 10:28 PM

What is the best place to install the O2 Sensor
in the jeep srt8 ?

FlyinRyan 01-09-2012 11:38 PM

I always install mine in the merge/crossover.

ekaz 01-10-2012 09:31 AM

The AFR PID in the diablo is not actual AFR. Its commanded or desired AFR or something like that.
As for wideband, I had the kits from Aeroforce that worked really well with my trinity and hoping it'll work with the intune.

FlyinRyan 01-12-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 549610)
The AFR PID in the diablo is not actual AFR. Its commanded or desired AFR or something like that.
As for wideband, I had the kits from Aeroforce that worked really well with my trinity and hoping it'll work with the intune.

I'm aware but in a pinch it works very well.

The intune is a nice unit but seems to still have some bugs in it that need to be worked out.

Black Ops Auto Works 01-12-2012 08:35 AM

We now offer Aeroforce stuff for you guys check the website. I'm still loading the gauges up but they are available!!

ekaz 01-12-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 550958)
I'm aware but in a pinch it works very well.

The intune is a nice unit but seems to still have some bugs in it that need to be worked out.

Ryan, how does it work when its not an actual value? It just displayed what the desired AFR should be, doesn't tell you what the real AFR is. Just curious.

The intune is nice and looks like to be a nice upgrade to the predator.

FlyinRyan 01-12-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 551088)
Ryan, how does it work when its not an actual value? It just displayed what the desired AFR should be, doesn't tell you what the real AFR is. Just curious.

The intune is nice and looks like to be a nice upgrade to the predator.

There is OPEN LOOP FA and afr, you'll notice they are separate pids. One is what is being commanded, the other is a calculation of AFR through O2 sensor voltage. My rule of thumb is that it is usually .2-.3 richer than actual AFR.

ekaz 01-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 551097)
There is OPEN LOOP FA and afr, you'll notice they are separate pids. One is what is being commanded, the other is a calculation of AFR through O2 sensor voltage. My rule of thumb is that it is usually .2-.3 richer than actual AFR.

Those values are pulled off a table and not based on O2 readings, it is calculated on the base airflow for a stock application, once the airflow is changed (by adding a cai for instance), those calculated values are no longer accurate.

All I am trying to make clear, it that the PID is not your actual AFR. It is a decent "guess" on a stock engine, but once modifications are made, you need a wideband to get a true reading.