Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Trolls? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/trolls-33725.html)

iVerne 01-08-2012 01:38 PM

Trolls?

Guys I've said it before that this is my first Jeep/American car. I don't understand where some of these posts about complaining about all these issues are coming from. Some do sound legit but others seem totally fabricated. This 2012 WK2 (just learned what that means :-P) is as nice, stable, luxurious and etc as any of my Lexus. Some of the described issues people complain about come from people with 2 posts and seem phantom to me.

So far I'm a big fan of this product. :thumbsup:

iVerne

armoredsaint 01-08-2012 01:53 PM

Re: Trolls?

Examples brosef?

iVerne 01-08-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 548194)
Examples brosef?

Simply brows the posts. You can't miss some of them.

Lingohocken 01-08-2012 03:06 PM

One here and there comes with the territory, and they're pretty obvious. But overall, JG seems remarkably troll-free, IMO.

Now, have you heard about the rash of steering wheels coming off Overlands? :D

77Cherokee 01-08-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVerne (Post 548189)
Some of the described issues people complain about come from people with 2 posts and seem phantom to me.
iVerne

They work for Ford. :lol:

Breitling65 01-08-2012 08:03 PM

I just saw in CVS/overcounter anti-troll pills, no prescription required ... :)

Troy Cruise 01-08-2012 08:57 PM

Well I'm having legitimate issues and I've posted about it. No trolling here. My JGC has been into the shop five times now in six months of ownership for total of 20 days. I'm taking it in again this week. I didn't spend 40k for a suv that has issues that make the vehicle uncomfortable to drive or ride in and I'm not going to roll over and take it like some owners have.

Mmartin 01-08-2012 09:29 PM

Keep in mind this is a forum for jeep owners, with a specific sub-forum for issues, so it may seem like trolls but I think for the most part they are legit issues. Also remember many people on forums are enthusiasts and are on a specific topic and small issues may be commented more often. But as others have said the wk2 is an extremely reliable truck overall.

ErikRP 01-08-2012 10:51 PM

I have to admit that so far I am quite disappointed with a lot of the issues we've encountered with our 2011 Overland. While the vehicle is obviously well-designed and I do love to drive it, I have had what I consider too many problems for a vehicle in its price range. I hope my comments about my vehicle don't come across as either whining or trolling, but rather unbiased reports of problems that my vehicle is experiencing.

lll2for3lll 01-08-2012 10:53 PM

I can be troll if you want me to be. :) :lol:

BIGAL 01-09-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 548228)
One here and there comes with the territory, and they're pretty obvious. But overall, JG seems remarkably troll-free, IMO.

Now, have you heard about the rash of steering wheels coming off Overlands? :D

the steering wheels were wrong on several overland summits,but it seems the problem is over with now mine was one of them ,we think the factory didn't have the correct darker wood wheel and rather then hold up the vehicles they shipped them with the lighter colored overland wheel

markp99 01-09-2012 07:50 AM

Agree. I have not seen much trolling since I've been here.

I do know I myself asked silly questions upfront (newbie) for what appeared to be issues (to me) but was more operator error; was not trolling ;)