Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   Diablo Sport Tune (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/diablo-sport-tune-33726.html)

IRISH 01-08-2012 02:00 PM

Diablo Sport Tune

A friend of mine is looking at a 2009 Grand Cherokee SRT that the previous the previous owner has installed a "Diablo sport tune" My friend now has concerns about owning it with the tune installed.

So his question is, can it be removed without leaving a trace in the computer of the Jeep if a mechanic was to review the program? A friend of ours has had his warranty voided on his Ford because the mechanic found evidence that the truck had a tune previously so that is where the concern comes in.

ekaz 01-08-2012 02:15 PM

Re: Diablo Sport Tune

You can return the Jeep back to stock without any easily identifiable traces that it had a tune. However, does this Jeep have any mods that require a custom tune? Or s I just a stock Jeep with a tune?

FlyinRyan 01-08-2012 02:21 PM

It shouldnt be a problem, no. On my last jeep, id bring it in for warranty work, tune and all....lol

IRISH 01-08-2012 02:50 PM

The only other (we are aware of) is the cold air intake. What would be any other mods that would require the tune?

FlyinRyan 01-08-2012 02:57 PM

These PCMs are pretty resilient...we just tuned a cammed SRT8 that the current owner bought completely unaware it was modified. it was running a fairly aggressive cam profile on the stock tune. Not necessarily a good idea, but my point is that an intake, exhaust etc, do not "require" a tune.

IRISH 01-08-2012 05:53 PM

How do you remove the tune from a Jeep?

FlyinRyan 01-08-2012 06:01 PM

He'll need the programmer and there will be an option to reload the original backup.

king 01-08-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 548352)
He'll need the programmer and there will be an option to reload the original backup.

doesn't sound like he has an original back-up. If the op's friend bought the rig with a diablo tune installed, then you're not going to be able to reload a "stock" tune. It's a trip to the dealer - to have it flashed...

FlyinRyan 01-08-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king (Post 548380)
doesn't sound like he has an original back-up. If the op's friend bought the rig with a diablo tune installed, then you're not going to be able to reload a "stock" tune. It's a trip to the dealer - to have it flashed...

Agreed, I was saying if he had the handheld. If not, which is possible, off to the dealer he goes... :(

IRISH 01-08-2012 08:08 PM

Ok, thanks for all the info.

ekaz 01-08-2012 08:15 PM

What they said, if you have the tuner, you can "force" a stock tune, otherwise off to the dealer for a re-flash.

IRISH 01-08-2012 11:02 PM

How would you go about asking the dealer to do a re-flash without having warranty issues in the future?