Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New Jeep Grand Cherokee commercial "Black Ice" (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-jeep-grand-cherokee-commercial-black-ice-33732.html)

jgc4ever 01-08-2012 03:20 PM

New Jeep Grand Cherokee commercial "Black Ice"

Pretty cool. Love that color.

CrazyJ 01-08-2012 04:34 PM

Re: New Jeep Grand Cherokee commercial "Black Ice"

What deceitful advertising. When you do you need to "transfer power" when on a patch of black ice? ABS and ESC if anything are what come into play on black ice, that is if you have any wheels that still have grip.

armoredsaint 01-08-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyJ (Post 548284)
What deceitful advertising. When you do you need to "transfer power" when on a patch of black ice? ABS and ESC if anything are what come into play on black ice, that is if you have any wheels that still have grip.

say what? :fryingpan:

rangersplash85 01-08-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyJ (Post 548284)

Nice commercial but I think I agree with CrazyJ. The only thing that helps when you hit black ice is luck and brown pants.

WoodyCanuck 01-08-2012 06:57 PM

I don't want to be critical of their new commercial, since I think its one of the most capable vehicles on the road today, but...
Yeah, I think I would have left it in "AUTO" and slowed right down for that corner.
I would save the "SNOW" mode for a foot of fresh snow. ;)

77Cherokee 01-08-2012 07:15 PM

The problem on solid or black ice isn't driving as much as it is stopping. You won't get much help there but I'd still rather be driving a Jeep than anything else. :thumbsup:

Breitling65 01-08-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangersplash85 (Post 548387)
Nice commercial but I think I agree with CrazyJ. The only thing that helps when you hit black ice is luck and brown pants.

Good set of winter-snow tires will help a bit, I wouldn't overpressure them as well.

CFUSION 01-09-2012 06:29 AM

Just drove through a whole parking lot of black ice yesterday. Jeep handled great until I hit the breaks and started to slide down the lot a bit but it got hold. I was so surprised at how great it handled it all. Had my wife been driving in here odyssey we might have had a different situation. Jeep handled it like a champ.

ErikRP 01-09-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Cherokee (Post 548399)
The problem on solid or black ice isn't driving as much as it is stopping. You won't get much help there but I'd still rather be driving a Jeep than anything else. :thumbsup:

Agreed - on ice the biggest problem isn't moving straight ahead, it's braking or sudden turns. And with all due respect to Jeep Marketing, if all 4 wheels are on black ice and you want to stop or turn you are pretty much SOL without a good set of winter tires.

peckmv 01-10-2012 07:33 AM

The black ice thing is questionable but the result might be that you just drive out of the ditch that the black ice put you in. Only in a Jeep:thumbsup: