Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sometimes you just have to laugh... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sometimes-you-just-have-to-laugh-33762.html)

ErikRP 01-08-2012 11:37 PM

Sometimes you just have to laugh...

I happened to notice this little "oops" today:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6...59fd1917_b.jpg

Yes, we've owned the vehicle for about a month already, and it just got caught today, but to be fair it's on the passenger side, and with the winter weather the last thing my wife has thought to do is lower the window. Nor does she ever lock the door.

I'm not sure if it left the factory like this, or if it happened at the dealer a few weeks ago. We'd had it in because the green glowing areas on the door (door handle and cup holder/map area) weren't lit. Possibly the dealer removed the panel and didn't replace it properly.

"Thankfully" I have to take it in for another warranty issue this week, so I'll just add this to the list.

:rolleyes:

lll2for3lll 01-08-2012 11:38 PM

Re: Sometimes you just have to laugh...

WTF!!!!! LOL :lol:

That was the day they were drinking.

That's kinda embarrassing. Seriously.

ErikRP 01-08-2012 11:45 PM

Coincidentally I noticed yesterday that the build date on our vehicle was Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7 a.m. I'm not sure where in the shift that is but I know I do *not* do my best work at 7 a.m. on a Monday! :lol:

lll2for3lll 01-08-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikRP (Post 548604)
Coincidentally I noticed yesterday that the build date on our vehicle was Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7 a.m. I'm not sure where in the shift that is but I know I do *not* do my best work at 7 a.m. on a Monday! :lol:

:lol: This is awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

SRTgirl 01-08-2012 11:49 PM

OMG... that is too funny! Took a moment for me to realize what was wrong, LOL, I was looking for some obscure scratch or something less obvious! Haha! :D

TurboDiesel 01-09-2012 12:06 AM

ahhahah thats awesome!

GTREVINOWK2 01-09-2012 01:09 AM

Cool share....what is your other warranty issue ?

rollmeover99 01-09-2012 01:16 AM

Well, we are only human. This is a true classic. A friend of mine was telling me how in years past dont buy a car on a build date of Fridays or Mondays for obvious reasons. This assembly tech was misinformed which way the trim piece was installed when you dont have a model or the robot got a wayward part inserted. Really funny! My friend Kim has been in the Buick family for 50 years and a true story thru her families dealership was a customer kept complaining of an occasional rattle in the front floor area near the fender. After many 'comebacks' the tech discovered a blended pocket in the firewall or fender/door hinge area. The welded pocket contained a beer can (steel, pull-tab) and a note inside.
It read: n.t.y.w.f.t.h !
(never thought you would find this here ! ) was written on the reverse side.True story.

jp467 01-09-2012 01:48 AM

That did not happen at the assembly plant. Those panels come fully assembled and just installed at the final assembly plant. To another point the entire vehicle was not built at 7a.m it takes 2-3 shifts for the whole process.

lll2for3lll 01-09-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 548665)
That did not happen at the assembly plant. Those panels come fully assembled and just installed at the final assembly plant. To another point the entire vehicle was not built at 7a.m it takes 2-3 shifts for the whole process.

Yeah but it passed inspection at the assembly plant. :thumbsup:

Scottina06 01-09-2012 02:22 AM

THAT was done at the dealer......guaranteed

2005JGC 01-09-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollmeover99 (Post 548652)
Well, we are only human. This is a true classic. A friend of mine was telling me how in years past dont buy a car on a build date of Fridays or Mondays for obvious reasons. This assembly tech was misinformed which way the trim piece was installed when you dont have a model or the robot got a wayward part inserted. Really funny! My friend Kim has been in the Buick family for 50 years and a true story thru her families dealership was a customer kept complaining of an occasional rattle in the front floor area near the fender. After many 'comebacks' the tech discovered a blended pocket in the firewall or fender/door hinge area. The welded pocket contained a beer can (steel, pull-tab) and a note inside.
It read: n.t.y.w.f.t.h !
(never thought you would find this here ! ) was written on the reverse side.True story.

Ive heard of the same thing... I worked with a guy whom had a vehicle with weird electrical problems (cannot remember all the details) and under the center console he found a screw through a harness with a similar note attached to it.