Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Will the superchips be able to disable the spare tire TPMS? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/will-the-superchips-be-able-to-disable-the-spare-tire-tpms-33777.html)

hound 01-09-2012 10:49 AM

Will the superchips be able to disable the spare tire TPMS?

After the lift and larger tires, I have no need to carry around a small spare tire. I have removed the spare and thought I was in the clear because I did not get any warnings about the spare tire missing. Well, after about 3 days I started to get the "Service Tire Pressure System" message in the EVIC.

I am just wondering if there is a way in the Superchips to turn off the spare tire TPMS sensor. That would make things a lot easier than trying to make a TPMS pipe bomb.

Scottina06 01-09-2012 11:48 AM

Re: Will the superchips be able to disable the spare tire TPMS?

not that I know of....

2005JGC 01-09-2012 02:05 PM

If your not going to have the spare on there, take the sensor out of it and stick it somewhere back there....

I am not sure what the range is.

NHWK05 01-11-2012 04:29 PM

You can stick it back there some where but it wont do anything but set off the TPMS light. It needs to be reading pressure. Many people have made small pods and mounted the sensor in them and made them air tight to hold 35 psi. Thats not that hard to do and its not enough pressure to make a "bomb" out of it like some people thought it would.

Some people like myself have removed the spare with the sensor and no light ever came on. when i left my spare in the garage the tpms light never came on. for some people it did come on i guess your one of them. I had my spare in the garage for a month before putting it back under the jeep.

2005JGC 01-12-2012 01:18 AM

lol yeah... i was spacing out ha ha

jeepingib 01-14-2012 12:21 PM

You can completely disable the TPMS with a flashpaq, but I don't think you can do only the spare and keep the others functional. I don't even run the sensors anymore, just rubber stems.

hound 01-14-2012 12:25 PM

how with the flashpaq? All I can see is the adjustment from like 26-75 psi.

I am now thinking the message is not from the missing spare. My driver rear sensor randomly disappears and I think is causing the warning. The sensor in the driver rear has been working the past week and I have not had the service tire pressure system warning since.