Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2011 JGC Shut Downs Unexpectedly -- Electronics System? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2011-jgc-shut-downs-unexpectedly-electronics-system-33782.html)

gmtaylor3 01-09-2012 12:08 PM

2011 JGC Shut Downs Unexpectedly -- Electronics System?

My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which heretofore has been a great car, signaled a problem with the suspension system while I was driving it. Then the interior lights came on, the windshield wipers started, and finally the battery light came on. I was able to drive it home but it would not start again, even though the battery seemed fine. The dealership tried to jump start it but the battery is fine. They haven't identified a problem yet. The vehicle has just shut itself down for some reason. My wife is now saying that she doesn't trust the car and wants it sold. Anybody have a plausible explanation that might give us some confidence that this is not some sort of recurring electrical problem.

harricanfloyd 01-10-2012 07:05 AM

Re: 2011 JGC Shut Downs Unexpectedly -- Electronics System?

Check the battery ground?? I know my parents Nissan was an untrustable stone( i know that's not a word) in the driveway. When you got in, the interior lights came on, but as soon as you turned the key, the truck went dead. Brand new battery too. I noticed it did this when there was lots of moisture in the air(humid nights cool mornngs) When I changed the ground from the starter solenoid to the engine block, it fired right up... ran fine ever since. Not sure if this is a fix, but something to check...

DavidB 01-10-2012 10:26 PM

Re: 2011 JGC Shut Downs Unexpectedly -- Electronics System?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmtaylor3 (Post 548928)
My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which heretofore has been a great car, signaled a problem with the suspension system while I was driving it. Then the interior lights came on, the windshield wipers started, and finally the battery light came on. I was able to drive it home but it would not start again, even though the battery seemed fine. The dealership tried to jump start it but the battery is fine. They haven't identified a problem yet. The vehicle has just shut itself down for some reason. My wife is now saying that she doesn't trust the car and wants it sold. Anybody have a plausible explanation that might give us some confidence that this is not some sort of recurring electrical problem.

This is exactly what I am dealing with right now but the dealership is insisting its a bad battery with mine. 2011 gc overland hemi. please let me know what you find out our problems might be the same. I am reluctedly picking mine up tomorrow with a new battery.