Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Limited side blinker mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/limited-side-blinker-mirrors-33802.html)

Jeep_addicted 01-09-2012 04:33 PM

Limited side blinker mirrors

My last two cars had blinking mirrors and I feel jipped that all the trim levels didn't get them

I am considering adding some to my Laredo but I am wondering how difficult I wouldn't be able to tap into the wires that feed the rear turn signals.

Does anyone know if there is a harness or output plug like where the trailer harness would connect I could tap to get a left and right blink signal?

..... I know I can always tap the wires down at the headlight but I was wondering if anyone knew if I could tap some wires from under the dash?

SFGiant 01-22-2012 05:12 AM

Re: Limited side blinker mirrors

have you found out any info on this? I want them on my laredo too. Been looking on ebay but so far nothing.

Corp Cog 01-22-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFGiant (Post 557882)
have you found out any info on this? I want them on my laredo too. Been looking on ebay but so far nothing.

Can't answer the wiring question, but do suggest you check local auto recyclers (junkyards) to source some parts like mirrors.

Dabitz 01-23-2012 12:29 PM

I was going to remove the mirror to see if the harness was there. But after a few gently pulls I gave up affraid I might shatter it.

hops23 01-25-2012 09:58 AM

This should help with removing the mirror. http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82212218.pdf

Dabitz 01-26-2012 12:04 PM

Yes I had that, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

Go Gators 06-23-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 561041)

Did you ever find out if the harness for the turn signal mirrors is there from the factory?

JTS97Z28 06-23-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 561041)

I think it is. I swapped out my mirror caps the other day and it was easy to remove everything. Just like the directions said move the mirror position so its aimed as far inward as possible. Simply reach your hand behind the glass and yank it out. Popped right out with no risk of breaking anything. Try it again your glass wont break.

I cant help with the original topic much as I have a Overland with tech package so there were a lot of wires in the mirror. Blinkers, heat, blind spot monitoring indicators, and auto dim. I would imagine doing this mod to a Laredo would be relatively easy though. Just get the mirrors with blinkers, and worst case if the harness isnt there just tap into turn signal wires somewhere. Its doable.

James

Scottina06 06-23-2012 07:28 PM

I have a durango heat with no turn signals on mirrors. I bought two mirrors with signals and autodim. My durango had the box with plugs available...so the mirrors plugged in and the auto dim works perfect. No go on the signals. So I went to my dealer to have them add them...it was a no go as well as dealer connect could not add code LEBP to my heat. It could be different with your laredo...but I doubt it. Have your dealer look up the codes for your laredo and see if LEBP s in the drop down menu and can be added. Now I will probably just run a jumper from the turn signal on the headlamp to the mirror.

jgc4ever 06-23-2012 10:01 PM

FYI: The turn signals on the mirrors on the Limited/Overland flash when locking or unlocking the vehicle too.

Go Gators 06-24-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 647132)
I have a durango heat with no turn signals on mirrors. I bought two mirrors with signals and autodim. My durango had the box with plugs available...so the mirrors plugged in and the auto dim works perfect. No go on the signals. So I went to my dealer to have them add them...it was a no go as well as dealer connect could not add code LEBP to my heat. It could be different with your laredo...but I doubt it. Have your dealer look up the codes for your laredo and see if LEBP s in the drop down menu and can be added. Now I will probably just run a jumper from the turn signal on the headlamp to the mirror.

Thanks for the info. If the harness was there for the turn signals I was going to do it but if I have to tap into wires I'll just skip it. Not that big of a deal. Thanks again.

Scottina06 06-24-2012 03:39 PM

there is no harness....theer are two black boxes that the mirror plugs into. On the turn and autodim mirrors the harness from the mirror splits into two plugs...where the nonautodim, nonturn mirrors just have one plug. The control boxes are there...so its just having the dealer check to see if sales code LEBP can be added to your jeep. It couldnt be done on my Durango Heat...but may be able to be done on your Jeep. They just have to input your vin# into the dealer connect system and check the drop down box for codes that can be added. If LEBP sales code can be added...then you can add the trun signal mirrors!