Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   TreadLightly Price (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/treadlightly-price-33806.html)

rustyosaurus 01-09-2012 05:31 PM

TreadLightly Price

Hi there. I am going through Treadlightly for 1% below invoice on an ordered Overland. The salesman gave me a copy of the Configuration Preview which has the MSRP, Invoice, HB (holdback) and FFP on it.

What is FFP? It seems to be 1% below invoice but my tread lightly paperwork says it should be PP (preferred pricing). I didn't have my Company Code or Control Number when I ordered the car so is that why it is FFP vs PP?

I guess this goes back to the documentation fees they are charging me. They are only $189 but someone said you didn't have to pay them when using tread lightly. Of course my salesman said this isn't true and there is no way to get around paying them.

Thanks,

armoredsaint 01-09-2012 06:06 PM

Re: TreadLightly Price

truecar.com is a better value and it's free

rustyosaurus 01-09-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 549186)

yes, it was the better value by $100 or $200 but they wouldn't give me the truecar.com price because i was ordering. and before you say, why are you ordering??? it's because there wasn't an Overland V6 with what i wanted within a 700 mile radius.

your response wasn't at all helpful. my question has to do with the tread lightly price, not true car.

armoredsaint 01-09-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyosaurus (Post 549195)
yes, it was the better value by $100 or $200 but they wouldn't give me the truecar.com price because i was ordering. and before you say, why are you ordering??? it's because there wasn't an Overland V6 with what i wanted within a 700 mile radius.

your response wasn't at all helpful. my question has to do with the tread lightly price, not true car.

just offering another perspective, nice arrogant response. i am sorry that i hurt your feelings on the internet.

since you're so sensitive and so easily offended even on the other site, have you considered a Prius or Fiat 500? :lol:

jeepken 01-11-2012 05:10 PM

I am getting the FPP price with my TL code for my WK2 being built now. When I used TL to by my JKUR this summer, I was not charged any admin/processing fee so it really is dealer's call to charge or not.

Pat@FieldsAuto 01-12-2012 05:46 PM

FFP is the same as Tread Lightly. FFP stands for Friends and Family Pricing. FFP is 1% of invoice under invoice plus the $75 doc fee that Chrysler charges. Tread Lightly membership enrolls you in Chryslers Affiliate Rewards program.

Friends and Family is just like any other Affiliate Rewards program. All are 1% under invoice. As far as the $75 doc fee goes, the dealer can waive it if the dealer charges their own doc fee.

Raptor 01-12-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 549186)

Yes that is true, and a dealer can order you a vehicle and still honor the true car price.
It doesn't have to be on an in stock vehicle!