Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   Wj 99 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/wj-99-a-33890.html)

Fernando 01-11-2012 11:20 AM

Wj 99

Im trying to replace the front door and rear door speakers, would you guys tell me the size that will fit? and also best price/quality thanks :D

cheapjeep 01-11-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Wj 99

Try this link. http://wjjeeps.com/audioupgrade.htm

bsmith0612 01-12-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando (Post 550408)
Im trying to replace the front door and rear door speakers, would you guys tell me the size that will fit? and also best price/quality thanks :D

I'm in the same situation, but i have Infinity sound system. so i also need to replace the tweeters. but yes, the link in post above mine, is a very trusted site, by me at least. however, i dont believe they have some upgrade options. like, leaving everything the factory amp, replacing everything else. i have NO interest in replacing the factory amp, but do have an upgraded head unit, and want to replace speakers, tweeters, and add sum/amp combo. idk, we'll see how it goes!:thumbsup:

Fernando 01-12-2012 12:19 PM

if you want to sell me those infinity let me know =) I just replaced the tweeters yesterday with the power bass ones they are around 30 on amoazon and they work great

grantb 01-12-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando (Post 551146)
if you want to sell me those infinity let me know =) I just replaced the tweeters yesterday with the power bass ones they are around 30 on amoazon and they work great

Show us a link for the ones you used in your WJ Fernando!

TJXJWJ 01-12-2012 01:52 PM

I didn't replace my amp either...just upgraded speakers and have been VERY happy with my Polks
6"x9" 3-Way DXi690 - Front doors
6.5" 2-Way - Rear doors DXi650
3.5" 2-Way - Front dash Dxi-350 (required a little creativity to get them to fit....but they fit)

02GrandHO 01-12-2012 03:03 PM

TJXJWJ - I've been looking at those same polk speakers. I assume they are a bit louder, but what about the sound quality? How does the bass compare to the factory? I listen to a wide range of styles of music and some of it has a lot of vocals. How do they sound when people talk or sing?

TJXJWJ 01-12-2012 03:29 PM

Me too...that's why I got these. I can go from Jay-Z to Dave Matthews...I'm all over the place. These have been the best, all-around speakers for crisp highs and "good" bass. You're basically driving your 6x9's for bass, so it's only going to be so good, but I don't need anything else. I'm used to having a small sub too. My last 2 Jeeps ran all Polks with a powered sub and an amp. While the sound was great, I never needed to really blast it so loud to need all that, so with the WJ, the stock infinity amp and some good speakers have been enough to keep me happy.

bsmith0612 01-12-2012 04:05 PM

i have like new Alpine Type S speakers out of my old truck, and was planning on putting them in the WJ, however i cant seem to find an adapter for the 5x7's for the 6x9 hole... hmmmm fabwork!? :D

Amelie 01-12-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 551307)
I can go from Jay-Z to Dave Matthews...I'm all over the place.

That's what I'm talking about, One moment it could be Sepultura, the next Nat King Cole. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 551138)
I'm in the same situation, but i have Infinity sound system. so i also need to replace the tweeters.

My front Tweeters also need replaced as they're starting to buzz and I have since switched by audio to play from the rear speakers. Anyone know how much Infinity tweeters to replace the dash tweeters would cost or should I look for a different company?

Martyp 01-12-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 551368)
Anyone know how much Infinity tweeters to replace the dash tweeters would cost or should I look for a different company?

~$50 from a main dealer, each. Thats what I paid two years ago when one blew, drove me nuts after about a week and had to change it.

Amelie 01-12-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 551392)
~$50 from a main dealer, each. Thats what I paid two years ago when one blew, drove me nuts after about a week and had to change it.

That's not bad at all :), I didn't know if they still manufactured those certain Infinity tweeters anymore or not.