Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Train Horn Install - Anyone?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/train-horn-install-anyone-33917.html)

Play21cw 01-11-2012 06:28 PM

Train Horn Install - Anyone??

Anyone ever install a train horn in their WK2 (or any other car)? I saw a video online where people installed one for novelty purposes (had a separate button from OEM horn). . .

Sparro 01-11-2012 06:33 PM

Re: Train Horn Install - Anyone??

Haha... funny you should mention that. My buddy has one and we were gonna install it in my Hummer H2, but then I got rid of the Hummer for my Overland.
He put it into one of his trucks... the thing is really loud and illegal, but fun to play with!

Ratchet 01-12-2012 07:38 AM

I've installed several, but not in a WK2 yet. There is TONS of room to do this. Have to keep in mind that if you want the full effect, you'll need a good sized compressor and fast dump servos. The Nathan Air Chimes are my personal fav. Not only will you hear it 2 miles away, you'll feel it as well.

armoredsaint 01-12-2012 10:01 AM

that is an awesome idea, good for all the dumb ass drivers texting and drifting into your lane.

moosehead 01-12-2012 11:14 AM

I still like to yell out the window, gesticulate wildly, and rely on the Borlas to get boneheads to GTFO.

BuckeyeSRT 01-12-2012 02:13 PM

I had no idea gesticulate was a word until now. jeepgarage.org = educational:thumbsup:

nathantw 01-12-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play21cw (Post 550684)
Anyone ever install a train horn in their WK2 (or any other car)? I saw a video online where people installed one for novelty purposes (had a separate button from OEM horn). . .

I spoke with my coworker years ago about installing one on my Jeep. I looked it up and a separate air compressor needs to be installed and the horn itself is HUGE. I'd love to have one, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

555ctsv 01-12-2012 09:57 PM

I dont think i'd ever want one but i sure love watching the scare videos on youtube!!

MacDaddy 01-13-2012 10:05 AM

Got one in my 06 TJ, had them in all my Jeeps, go to www.mypushcart.com they've got you covered on big rig truck, and train horns, single feed, dual feed all in one kits. And they have pre installed compressors right on the air tanks if you opt for that style.

tyresmoker 01-13-2012 12:12 PM

I just spent the last half hour PISSING MY PANTS watching the YouTube videos...Brilliant!
I am not nearly mature enough to use one with any sort of control or descretion..therefore I can only dream of such an install!

MacDaddy 01-13-2012 01:13 PM

Yeah, me either but I'll tell you something get one anyhow! The next time someone pulls out in front of you or you got some jackass walking in the road instead of on the sidewalk...... Well i'll tell you even my wife gets a good chuckle when I blast it.

555ctsv 01-13-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyresmoker (Post 551906)
I just spent the last half hour PISSING MY PANTS watching the YouTube videos...Brilliant!

LOL Yea not sure i could ever get tired of watching those. Especially when people get mad about it!