Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   DVD's in, Chrome strip off! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dvds-in-chrome-strip-off-33920.html)

Sparro 01-11-2012 07:24 PM

DVD's in, Chrome strip off!

6 Attachment(s)
I Finally got my dual Rosen AV7700 piggy back headrest DVD/Game system installed and removed the chrome strips and installed the Grand Cherokee letters like on the WK2 SRT8.
These are the best piggy back systems out there. Unfortunately I couldn't go with a completely integrated headrest system because of the active headrests.

msaniac 01-11-2012 07:40 PM

Nice. I may add these as well keep us updated.

Megatron 01-11-2012 08:06 PM

Re: DVD's in, Chrome strip off!

:pimp:

armoredsaint 01-11-2012 09:30 PM

the side lettering looks good! not sure if i would to that to my own GC just more PITA in waxing around it :thumbsup:

IRISH 01-11-2012 09:34 PM

I wouldn't mind a bit more info on the DVD players. Can you get them to play the audio through the Jeeps speakers, who installed them and how much was the complete setup.

Juan 01-11-2012 09:34 PM

Looks mean with the chrome strips gone!! Nice work!

ants818 01-11-2012 10:35 PM

Looks good, I removed my chrome strips too. IMO, its a great mod.

ajs800 01-11-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISH (Post 550856)
I wouldn't mind a bit more info on the DVD players. Can you get them to play the audio through the Jeeps speakers, who installed them and how much was the complete setup.

ditto...I elected to go with the roof over the dvd as well and figured I'd maybe add something like this later as I prefer the dual over the ceiling mount style. Where do the wires run and are they viewable or interfere with anything? Was the install fairly simple?

IRISH 01-11-2012 11:35 PM

I wonder if Jeep will eventually attach them to the seats like Lexus does with their active headrests vehicles

Sparro 01-12-2012 12:04 AM

Information on the Rosen units can be found here;
http://www.rosenentertainment.com/

In Canada, the ceiling mounted DVD unit from Jeep is a $1300 option. I had my Rosen units installed by a high end local car audio shop for $1450. The owner of the shop is an acquaintance of mine so he may have given me a good deal. Not sure cause I didn't get any quotes from anyone else. He had my Jeep for about 7 hours. The install is very clean, you don't see any wires. They are run inside the seats and power was taken somewhere from the centre console. The units will play seperate DVD's or both will display the video source from one, or my daughter can watch a DVD on one screen while my son plays games on the other screen. It comes with 25 built-in video games, a game controller, two wireless headphones and a wireless remote. You can tune the car radio to 88.1 and audio will play on the cars speakers. You can also attach an XBox/PS3 or Wii to the monitors. The backs of the units can be ordered to colour match your interior. I chose black instead of saddle for the back because the seats have some black in them and I felt it looked better.

IRISH 01-12-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks for the info

CaptRB 01-12-2012 08:14 AM

I think this is a very good option, but if you've got one kid the built in system from Jeep is slick as it is also very integrated with the car's audio system, gets Sirius TV and so on.
There are other options the consider, such as the Ipad, which can be solidly mounted to the head rests and are more versatile. My friend did this with his durango, though it still costs 1500 to do, unless you already own one or more Ipads. Another idea is just to have one or more Ipads in the back. With my Iphone tethered you can watch movies off Netflix. On the other hand since I gave my 7 year old son a Ipad he has not watched the overhead DVD system in months.

Cheers,

Robert B
NY