Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   any interest in a lease takeover? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/any-interest-in-a-lease-takeover-34035.html)

cbarr 01-14-2012 07:51 AM

any interest in a lease takeover?

Hi all,

I have a 2011 laredo-x, <edit: as of Sep 28, mileage is just over 5,000>, considering giving it up (love it, but I live in manhattan and we're only using it once every couple of weeks, just feels like a waste).

details:

laredo 25-X
mineral grey
black leather
hemi, 4x4
nav (430)
sunroof

(I don't know if this is still the same, but when I picked it up it was almost impossible to find this color combo in laredo trim, without the 'anniversary' trim with all the extra logos etc on the seats...)

Would be <edit: a 24-month lease from now, Sep> 34K miles remaining on the allowance (aka 17K miles/year)

payment is 568 - but you'd have ZERO down to initiate. should be extremely competitive with going new.

The car has been perfect. no issues. Got a good one, I think. Perfect condition, has spent almost every day in the garage.

Feel free to PM with questions!

555ctsv 01-14-2012 08:24 AM

Re: any interest in a lease takeover?

Post up some pics :) I see it has a sunroof, is it the big dual sunroof?

cbarr 07-30-2012 05:31 AM

re-upping this. Still not using the car and still feels like a waste that it's sitting in a garage in manhattan!

Car now has ~5K miles.

Would effectively be a 24 month/18K mile lease for $550/month all-in, with zero down. I _might_ also consider paying someone to take over the lease, in the right situation.

I don't have pics, but happy to take some for a serious inquirier.

Great deal for someone who needs a short lease with lots of miles.

SW03ES 07-31-2012 04:40 PM

$550 a month? I thought it was $568?

armoredsaint 08-01-2012 10:28 PM

making excuses for no pics or showing any proof?:rolleyes:

do you have a rich uncle in the royal faimly in nigeria waiting to give me $1 million dollars also :lol:

gc4x4 08-02-2012 01:37 PM

It would help if you posted pics so people could see the vehicle, it might generate more interest.:thumbsup:

rustypixel 08-03-2012 02:56 PM

Send me a PM. I might be interested but have lots of questions.

cbarr 09-28-2012 09:57 AM

Thought I had my notifications set up so I'd get emails when people replied...sorry for those who sent PM's and I was slow to respond.

Do PM for photos and I can email. Have done so for a couple of others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 664619)
making excuses for no pics or showing any proof?:rolleyes:

do you have a rich uncle in the royal faimly in nigeria waiting to give me $1 million dollars also :lol:

Yes, you have me all figured out!

My plan was to hack Ally's phone number so that it would ring to my cousin's house, then have him act like he was an Ally employee, and then also hack their fax line so that when the application is submitted, it comes to me. THEN, I was going to put together a fake Ally lease document, and have someone sign it.

And THEN - the best part of my elaborate scam that you uncovered - I was going to take nothing from the person taking the car, and give them my car.

(You might want to lay off the paranoia pills, friend.)

cbarr 09-28-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 664839)
It would help if you posted pics so people could see the vehicle, it might generate more interest.:thumbsup:

I sure wish I was smart enough to figure out how! But if anyone is interested in doing this, please PM me and we can email.

cbarr 09-28-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 663967)
$550 a month? I thought it was $568?

It's $556.73, to be precise. :)

I am more than happy to honor the $550 rounding I made.

If someone from this site ends up taking over the lease, I will include an envelope with $432 cash in it, and you can thank this post.

cbarr 09-28-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 555ctsv (Post 552332)
Post up some pics :) I see it has a sunroof, is it the big dual sunroof?

Nope, the smaller one.

When I was shopping I looked everywere in the NE and couldn't find one in mineral, with the hemi, with the nav, and with the bigger sunroof...

kkreit01 09-28-2012 11:46 AM

Why did you pick such a high-mileage lease when you don't drive it? That's what killed your payment. Good luck.