Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Baby blue Grand Cherokee?!? What color did I see today? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/baby-blue-grand-cherokee-what-color-did-i-see-today-34056.html)

JTS97Z28 01-14-2012 03:16 PM

Baby blue Grand Cherokee?!? What color did I see today?

Driving to work today I was at a light and a new Overland pulled up. The only way to describe the color was baby blue. I know they introduced a few new colors for 2012, but I didn't think they would start painting the Jeeps in little girl colors :-) No offense to anyone that likes this color, but me personally no way. It reminds me of those silly looking Cadillacs in that pink Mary Kay color LOL. I assume it was that winter chill color, but I basically saw a baby blue Jeep driving around so if they want to call it winter chill, whatever. Anyone else spot one of these drivin around yet?

James

sined240 01-14-2012 03:17 PM

Re: Baby blue Grand Cherokee?!? What color did I see today?

WinterChill

Scottina06 01-14-2012 04:43 PM

everyone has different taste.....I guess there is a color for everyone...LOL

AAAA 01-14-2012 06:38 PM

It's the only JGC color I have not yet seen in the flesh, and I'm glad I haven't as I might have started uncontrolled laughing. On the other hand it is similar to Ford's hottest color of the 1950's. Funny how car color tastes change over time.

UNCjeepWK2 01-14-2012 06:38 PM

Tar Heel fan perhaps?? (Not me).

BOYCHIKS 01-14-2012 09:47 PM

Don't think I've seen one in person either.

Scottina06 01-14-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 552621)
Tar Heel fan perhaps?? (Not me).

if so...they are probably in hiding after that loss today....lol

CaptRB 01-15-2012 07:31 AM

I saw the winter chill with all of the chrome/Overland Summit and it looked very sophisticated. I'll probably go with a darker color, but the winter chill makes it stand out from the common colors. Most that I see are black, white & silver here in NY.

Robert B
NY

AAAA 01-15-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptRB (Post 552863)
I saw the winter chill with all of the chrome/Overland Summit and it looked very sophisticated. I'll probably go with a darker color, but the winter chill makes it stand out from the common colors. Most that I see are black, white & silver here in NY.

Robert B
NY

I think those 3 colors are the most popular in all vehicles nationally at this time. (BTW, I am upstate and have white gold.)

CaptRB 01-15-2012 11:20 AM

I actually saw a white gold this morning and it was very nice! My wife wants red. We saw a red Summit and it was pretty slick. But I also like the "mature" colors....Grey, Silver, Max Steel. The green also looks great with the SB interior. Heck, they all look good when they're clean, though I seriously don't dig the brown.

Robert B
NY

AAAA 01-15-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptRB (Post 552953)
I actually saw a white gold this morning and it was very nice! My wife wants red. We saw a red Summit and it was pretty slick. But I also like the "mature" colors....Grey, Silver, Max Steel. The green also looks great with the SB interior. Heck, they all look good when they're clean, though I seriously don't dig the brown.

Robert B
NY

Have you seen the brown? My dealer has one on the lot. It is actually very nice in person... darker than it appears in photos.

CaptRB 01-15-2012 12:03 PM

Yeah...saw the brown. I just think it looks weak, though it's about as nice a brown as I've seen on a car. I like most of the other colors, though I think the black is overrated. Much prefer the other dark colors...grey and max steel.

Robert B
NY