Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   snow plowing with srt8 and update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/snow-plowing-with-srt8-and-update-34093.html)

rusty104 01-15-2012 10:12 AM

snow plowing with srt8 and update

I took my jeep to NH this week and ran it through some snow. I wouldn't worry about buying snow tires. You have to work at it to get this guy to slip. However, I got a message on my EVIC in yellow letters "FCW OFF" after going through some deep snow. I got concerned as it stayed on after getting on to a cleared road. After getting back to the house and researching the issue I found that a dirty cruise control sensor could cause this. I went out to the car, found the front bumper covered with snow. When i cleared it off, the meaasge went away.
The seat heaters don't warm the seats like my wife's Volvo or my Lexus I think it is partly due to the suede which dosen't hold heat/cold like leather. As far as seat coolers go, I haven't had them on yet. If they're like the ones on my Lexus, they probably won't do much.
After I put 500 miles on it I tried a 0-60. I had a little over a 1/4 tank of gas and headed up a slight incline. I was going to try the launch Ralph G. had suggested but then decided to see what the worst time would be so I left it in auto and nailed it. I expected low 5's and was suprised to see my EVIC show 4.7 after the run. I' ve got to try the 1/4 when there's no traffic (or cops) on a flat stretch nearmy house.
I took out my spare, the jack and the rest of the stuff from the spare tire well before my NH trip. That stuff weighs a ton! I'm going to leave it out. It opens up a lot of space for temporary storage and won't hurt performance. I haven't had a flat in years and with run flat tires, WTF? I'll take my chances, get additional storage when I need and reduce weight.

cloud11244 01-15-2012 05:02 PM

Re: snow plowing with srt8 and update

I am just curious but if one replaced the runflat tires with non runflat AT or winter tires what is the OEM tire size, and would a full size spare fit in the tire well?

Urbantank 01-15-2012 05:14 PM

I agree no need for snows; it snowed a little in the Chicago area and I was pleased with how the Scorpion Verdes did in 5 inches of icy snow, the traction control is much more aggressive and sorts things out very quickly and confidently on SNOW mode. I got a 4.8 on EVIC 0 to 60 in snow mode on a dry stretch today. I love this thing!

cyanideg 01-16-2012 06:31 PM

The seat cooling works great for me!

rusty104 01-16-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud11244 (Post 553151)
I am just curious but if one replaced the runflat tires with non runflat AT or winter tires what is the OEM tire size, and would a full size spare fit in the tire well?

I have the towing option and have a 20 inch temp spare. I think you could fit another full sized snow in there if the temp won't work for you.

jgc4ever 01-16-2012 10:36 PM

I thought there would be a picture of a WK2 SRT8 with a plow on the front of it. Ha!

GreggSRT8 01-18-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 554185)
I thought there would be a picture of a WK2 SRT8 with a plow on the front of it. Ha!

^ Same here - my first thought was "Who the f was plowing snow with an SRT8" thats insane!