Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Disappointed in the heated seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/disappointed-in-the-heated-seats-34095.html)

redsoxx1918 01-15-2012 10:19 AM

Disappointed in the heated seats

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I recently purchased a 2012 Overland 4X4, V6, White with Saddle interior. I purchased back in October and currently have around 4000 miles on her. I traded in my 2 door Wrangler Sahara, which I do miss from time to time. That being said, I love this vehicle. I love the exterior, the interior, the quality, the power of the new V6, etc....

My only complaint so far is in the wimpy heated seats. The seats in my BMW are hot before I reach the end of the road and thoroughly warm you. The seats in my Grand Cherokee seem to take forever to get warm and then only seem to get mildly warm. It's a small complaint, but I work nights and it's pretty cold when I get out of work. I use the remote start and the heat is going and the steering wheel is toasty when I get to the car, but the seats still feel cold. They do warm up but it seems to take a long time. Anyone else feel this way?

ColdCase 01-15-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Disappointed in the heated seats

The WK2 modulates the seat warmers based on outside temp, I think. My seats get too hot, but do take some time (maybe three or four minutes). My seats and wheel are nice and toasty after a remote start when the outside temperature get to near freezing. Not so much when its nearer to 50. What outdoor temperature do you consider cold?

AAAA 01-15-2012 11:04 AM

It's a function of your butt. I find the seat too hot at high and quickly set it to low. My wife leaves it on high all the time. (No comments about my wife's butt please!)

andyh 01-15-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 552944)
It's a function of your butt. I find the seat too hot at high and quickly set it to low.

Same

Corp Cog 01-15-2012 11:14 AM

Let's see if I have this right?

ƒ(Seat Warmth)= (Butt Insulation/Power)

Findirman 01-15-2012 11:43 AM

My seat warms up on high within a few minutes and then after a few more minutes I have to turn it to low. Very comparable to my previous Honda Pilot.

AAAA 01-15-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corp Cog (Post 552949)
Let's see if I have this right?

(Seat Warmth)= (Butt Insulation/Power)

That is correct.:thumbsup:

TalPA 01-15-2012 12:07 PM

Mine sucks too....

Wxchaser 01-15-2012 12:59 PM

I like mine, they heat up fast (always on high), and seem to maintain the heat level on my lower back really well. I prefer low back heat to bun heat, because once your buns are heated, it leads to trouble! :-)

JDrew 01-15-2012 02:03 PM

My wifes 2011 Charger RT Max heated seats can be felt in less than a minute. However, the GC takes at least 2-3 minutes before you can feel them. Hers also get a lot warmer than the GC too.

brandont 01-15-2012 03:00 PM

They don't get hot enough, IMO. Our BMW and VW both got hotter, the BMW is incredibly fast to heat up as well. In the WK2 setting 1 is worthless and setting 2 is only slightly warm. I wish we could boost this a bit.

redsoxx1918 01-15-2012 03:26 PM

So, it seems it's subjective. Someone asked about temps here. I'm in RI. It's been pretty cold the last few days. It was 10 degrees this morning when I went out. I think, if you don't have anything to compare it to, they seem ok. But, anyone who has had another car with better heated seats will find these a little inadequate. Like I said, BMW seats heat up within seconds and get very toasty. Compared to theirs, these heating elements aren't so hot. Pun intended.