Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   People LOVE this Jeep... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/people-love-this-jeep-34103.html)

SW03ES 01-15-2012 02:48 PM

People LOVE this Jeep...

I cannot get over the amount of compliments I get on the WK2. I've had some nice cars in my life, cars costing far more than the Jeep, but I've never had the kind of reaction I've found with the Jeep. Total strangers at gas stations, the carwash. Just yesterday I took the Lexus to the carwash and then took the Jeep, I had 3 separate people come up and tell me how much they loved the Jeep, what a great vehicle it was and what a great color. You pull up to the same place in the Lexus...and nothing. Garage attendants, drive through window operators...bank tellers...just people on the street. This is a constant thing...not a week goes by that I don't get a compliment or my wife doesn't tell me she's gotten a compliment from a total stranger in the Jeep.

Anybody else have this experience?

It would seem my taste in cars is improving LOL

Megatron 01-15-2012 03:10 PM

Re: People LOVE this Jeep...

Jeep Ftw :pimp:

jeep2011 01-15-2012 03:18 PM

Jeep has always done a great job on making a luxury utility with the grands. They have definitely out done themselves with this model. I would put this right up there with my Range Rover in the luxury category.

No offense but all Japanese cars are just plain boring and average except for nissan/infiniti (which is out there for a Japanese brand).

armoredsaint 01-15-2012 03:41 PM

of course, because your ES is a Camry, boring...:thumbsup:

SW03ES 01-15-2012 04:29 PM

The point of my post had nothing to do with my Lexus. For what its worth, I've owned Lexus vehicles for a long time and am a huge fan, whether they're your cup of tea or not...no reason to make what should be a positive thread, nasty and negative :rolleyes:

The particular Lexus I have now is very commonplace, but my point is that we've owned other vehicles that are way flashier and more expensive than the Jeep and I've just never had a response to a vehicle like this before. Its not like they're rare around here either...you see them everywhere...there are 4 on my street alone including ours...

BOYCHIKS 01-15-2012 04:57 PM

Good to hear. Hard to beat a Jeep. You must be keeping it clean too!

lll2for3lll 01-15-2012 05:17 PM

You should see how lifted WK's turn heads. Lol.

Nice to hear.

armoredsaint 01-15-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 553130)
The point of my post had nothing to do with my Lexus. For what its worth, I've owned Lexus vehicles for a long time and am a huge fan, whether they're your cup of tea or not...no reason to make what should be a positive thread, nasty and negative :rolleyes:

The particular Lexus I have now is very commonplace, but my point is that we've owned other vehicles that are way flashier and more expensive than the Jeep and I've just never had a response to a vehicle like this before. Its not like they're rare around here either...you see them everywhere...there are 4 on my street alone including ours...

dude i was just agreeing with you, people here are sooooo sensitive, never would've expected that from a Jeep forum.:lol:

MacDaddy 01-15-2012 07:28 PM

I can honestly say that this is by far one of the nicest vehicle's I've owned. It's looks, ride, handling and yes the amount of compliments I get are great. I've owned several really nice cars a 76 Olds 442, a 70' Olds 442, 69 Camaro Z28, 06 Chrysler 300c Hemi awd, and several (3) lifted and modded Wranglers. My current one being an 06 with a 4" Pro Comp lift and goodies and the GC has nudged itself to the top overall. I think the redesign with the Jeep heritage is something all manufacturer's wish to acheive but have fallen miserably short.

lll2for3lll 01-15-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 553163)
dude i was just agreeing with you, people here are sooooo sensitive, never would've expected that from a Jeep forum.:lol:

I understand you fully. :smh:

JeepGuy026 01-15-2012 07:48 PM

I agree with the comments above, I got a lot of compliments on the Overland, but after I put the tires on, it was like I couldn't get out of the jeep without someone being Right there like "now that's a jeep!". And even if that wasn't the case, I think still they are the most capable 4x4s on the road and off lol but they definitely have a stance that is all their own.

SW03ES 01-15-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 553163)

I also never expected I'd be insulted for posting something about how much I love my Jeep on a Jeep forum either.